Snarky Brides

What? No morning thread?

Everyone stay up too late last night? Where is everybody?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What? No morning thread?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-no-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2c803bfc-033e-4e9c-a4cd-1888c1673a3aPost:d70ae8fb-f873-4b4f-8be4-4392d0b4eb80">Re: What? No morning thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I definitely stayed up too late.  We saw TDKR at 10:15 and didn't get home until 1:30.  I have to head into work soon.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

So how was it?

H is at his concealed carry class all day, so I'm hanging with the dog.Waiting for his lunchtime  so I can do some shopping.
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm not Edie but I thought the movie was excellent. We went to a very disappointing baseball game last night. Luckily Otakon was going on right next to the stadium so the people watching made up for the loss. We just got done watching the men's road cycling race which is really the only event FH was excited about. I'm going to the gym soon and then we're finally going to find something for him to wear for the wedding. ETA: Otakon is a manga/anime convention and a lot of the participants come in costume.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-no-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2c803bfc-033e-4e9c-a4cd-1888c1673a3aPost:ed8a88c8-3e66-468c-8621-1898a66fc995">Re: What? No morning thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning.  H and I stayed up too late last night as well.  Right before we went to bed we heard a commotion and lots of sirens. Turns out an officer was shot at the entrance to our neighborhood after a car chase.  The suspect fled again, but was killed in a shoot out with the cops about a mile away from us.  The officer was upgraded to good condition this morning.  So scary. :( I'm heading to Target in a bit and then going to see Kenny Cheseny & Tim McGraw with a few friends later today.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Wow, how scary! At least the cop is doing ok.

I'm going to Target, Michaels and the grocery. I'm going to get a few learning toys to play with Lily next week. And maybe one of those books that records your voice, so she can always hear Oma and Opa's voice. I figured we could trade off pages.
  • Have fun at the concert duds.

I'm still pretty sick. I can't get over it and it is driving me crazy. There is a wives party tonight but if I still feel like shhit, I'm not going to go. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-no-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2c803bfc-033e-4e9c-a4cd-1888c1673a3aPost:b61b16a9-641e-4f04-8076-c060c32d101e">Re: What? No morning thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have fun at the concert duds. I'm still pretty sick. I can't get over it and it is driving me crazy. There is a wives party tonight but if I still feel like shhit, I'm not going to go. 
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Sorry Hike! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Hope you feel  better soon, Hike!

I really enjoyed the opening ceremony. I thought it was creative and incredibly organized for all that was going on.

We were going to go to the cabin today but H has to work, so we're going Tuesday night insteaad. I found a $100 gift card to Kohl's in a drawer from Christmas (how I forgot about it, I have no idea) so I might go there, if I can convince myself it's worth the long-ass drive.

Other than that I'm attempting to woork through some writer's block before I start editing a different book. I really need to edit but it's been over a week since I've worked on the third Whisper book and damnit I need to make some progress.
  • Morning ladies! We finally closed on our house yesterday...Yay! We went to Home Depot and then to the house to start ripping up the carpets. We did the dining room and master BR. Within 5 minutes of me helping, I cut myself on a damn staple and even though the cut was little, I was bleeding pretty badly. Unfortunately there was nothing in the house but toilet paper, so I used that to wrap around my finger so I could help H with getting all the crap up. 

Today H is going to leave work early so we could go back  up to the house and do some more work. My parents are supposed to meet us up there to help. This crap is exhausting and we only have just begun. We hope to be fully in by the 11th. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Congrats Denise!
  • Morning!  I got almost 11 hours of sleep last night and it was amazing.  I feel really refreshed today.  H has a game so I'll spend the morning doing some cleaning and then this afternoon/evening we will be out there.  One of H's friend is in town so we will probably go out after the game for a bit. 

Hike-  I hope you feel better.

Denise- Congrats!  I hope you guys get everything done. 
  • Morning! Just watching some archery on TV, had breakfast, trying to get interested in starting my To-do list.

I bought some acrylic paint starter kit yesterday and a few canvases- and it made me realize I am not a good painter.

Also, we have reservations at a fancy restaurant tonight and I am glad, because I really want some steak.
  • morning! I'm sitting waiting for my hair dye to process. It was way past time for me to get it colored, and it needs a trim too. I'm trying desperately to stay awake. We stayed up watching the opening ceremonies as well, and I was seriously impressed. congrats, Denise! Are you doing hardwood instead or putting down new carpet? I'm trying to convince H to redo our kitchen floors now, but I doubt it'll happen. Plus then I'll want to restain the cabinets and paint, etc.... My mom and stepdad are coming over today, and my mom has requested a trip to Babies R Us, so I'm trying to figure out what we need still :)
  • Ohhh where are you going, Kate?
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Hi! I liked the opening ceremonies, too. Especially JK Rowling, Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson) and Kenneth Branagh reciting Shakespeare!

Today I think we're going to breakfast, if H ever gets his butt out of bed. We have to go to the grocery store at some point, and I am going to my aunt's birthday party tonight while H works on his final paper for his class. I wold really much rather stay here and watch the Olympics all day.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We are going to Ruths Chris. We have never been there, we have actually never done a lot of the nicer steak places in town.
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-no-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2c803bfc-033e-4e9c-a4cd-1888c1673a3aPost:ec01afd2-64ba-46fe-a4c7-d83eadd83528">Re: What? No morning thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Denise! Are you doing hardwood instead or putting down new carpet? I'm trying to convince H to redo our kitchen floors now, but I doubt it'll happen. Plus then I'll want to restain the cabinets and paint, etc...
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes! There are hardwood floors under all the carpet. We didn't realize how bad the carpets actually were until the furniture was gone. Plus, with our allergies, we are better off. The kitchen, hallway, foyer and 1/2 bath downstairs are tile. We are going to redo that as well with different tile. We are trying to paint and do the floors before we move in. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the wishes ladies :)</div>
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Sesh - just got back from Kohl's.  Instead of driving there, look online to see if there's anything of interest.  I imagine they are all the same, but up here they're having yet another Early Bird/Night Owl Sale.

Mowed the front lawn for H and he'll do the back with the riding mower.  That's my exercise for the day. 

Clingy Cat is draped over the keyboard so it's difficult to type. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards