Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Affordable but Unique Wedding Venue??

We are very offbeat and don't want the traditional hotel ballroom wedding.  However, we are on a very tight budget (Would like to stay around $5,000 for EVERYTHING)  We found a venue we like but wonder if there are any other options out there. We live in Lewisville but anywhere in Texas within about an hour drive is okay.  I am planning to do most of the centerpieces, bouquets, decorations by myself and with help from friends.  We will have less than 100 people.  We would like some food, maybe just finger foods, not a sit down meal.  We want more of a party atmosphere with alcohol.  We would like a place that we can do ceremony and reception without moving alot of stuff around.  Is this budget even possible?  Any help is appreciated! Thanks!  Smile

http://www.thequixoticworld.com/
($1200 for space rental, includes tables, chairs, black tablecloths, use of sound system, bar set up)

Re: Affordable but Unique Wedding Venue??

• I would check out the vendor sticky at the top of the page.  It lists a lot of the venues used by girls here.

I know that Winfrey Point/Filter Building are very popular, relatively inexpensive venues.  I don't know about Filter, but Winfrey is $180/hour for non-Dallas residents (so if you have a friend or relative who lives in Dallas, have them reserve it, it's a $30/hour difference).  But they go fast because they are super popular.  We were considering WP, and called more than a year in advance, but still lost it.
    Anniversary

• Here's the link to the Filter Building rate page.  It's essencially 2000 for a Friday or Sunday and 2700 for a Saturday.  This is for 8 hours TOTAL use, set up break down and the event.  They don't include much more than the use of the building with that.

BUT it is beautiful and doesn't need (or allow) a lot of decor which can cut down on overall costs.

http://www.thefilterbuilding.com/rates/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure how far from Lewisville, but check out A&M Gardens in Azle.  Rates are good especially on a mid-week, Friday or Sunday wedding.  Ceremony in the garden area & reception inside.  It's about 20 -30 minutes from downtowm Ft. Worth.
  • Second the Filter Building. Yes, I'm biased, but also, stoked to not have to deal with much decor.
  • edited January 2012
    It may be a little far but you might look at Willow Lake Wedding Gardens in Weatherford. They have 2 separate areas you can do both the ceremony and reception at. One is $1600 and the other is $1800. Its really very pretty and pretty much the cheapest I could find. Also the people that own it are really cool ad flexible about you being able to come out any time to get ideas for decorations and stuff
  • What about the Little Chapel in the Woods in Denton or my cousin got married at this place in Lewisville http://www.specialmoments.info/home.html.

It has a reception hall, but she had the reception at a local restaurant and it was a great evening. Buffet and full bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards