Wedding Etiquette Forum

You asked for it: Superlatives

Re: You asked for it: Superlatives

• Haha, go Special's H. 
  • Duds, our reception was at Cox Arboretum. It's one of the top spots for wedding/engagement/maternity photos.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:0784a9b0-84b8-4922-9743-cef8f56d572d">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special, the only etiquette rule I can think of that I broke was having a head table.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Like, splitting the WP from their dates? </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:10b5dc4c-f09e-48bb-9ebd-7354aa77c4ba">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know Midge, I think you're just one of those people that's probably going to strike it rich. I don't really think there is any other reason beyond that. When you do, just remember I believed in you and toss a little my way ; ) Angel - I stand by my answer. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Will do if I ever get <em>that</em> lucky! H does technically work for corporate at his company...keep climbing! ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:68a66bc8-720a-4842-bf92-aec4b4b4b617">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]I boycott all living water.  Give me chlorine and cement, thank you.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

I knew we were soulmates.

I don't even like pools with salt water.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:5f79521d-38da-49a8-a08a-e6387d85dd30">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You asked for it: Superlatives : Like, splitting the WP from their dates? 

Yes, I know I know but they all looked at me like I was nuts when I suggested otherwise and we were only there for a total of 20 minutes.
  • I love love love the ocean... my dad and I can spend practically the whole day in there. I want to go back to the beach right now :(

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like water. Period.

However, I'm hesitant about lakes and rivers. Taking a lakeside HM was not quite what I imagined.
  • I want to go to the beach. I can do that. But after the whole flesh eating bacteria dealie here in GA I won't go back into the lake again. It's just creepy. 
  • For realsies:
    Knottie with the best wedding photos: Rach
    Knottie with the prettiest smile: AATB
    Knottie most likely to be a millionaire someday:Whoever is playing the lottery.
    Biggest flirt:  AATB
    Most likely to have been class president: Blue
    Friendliest knottie: Midge or Edie
    Smartest knottie: Blue
    Best wedding advice: MUNI
    Best life advice:  Hike

For funsies:
    Knottie most likely get arrested: Special for killing her MIL
    Knottie most likely to get in a bar fight: Veggie
    Knottie most likely to actually be a 15 year old fuuucking with us all: Chels
    Knottie most likely to move to the top of a mountain in a shack with no electricity: Les
    Knottie most likely to have an affair with the pool boy (this is just for fun so FFS don't get butthurt): Angel
    Knottie most likely to give good advice but break all the etiquette rules in secret: No clue
    Knottie most likely to turn into a crazy cat lady: Stefffi
    Knottie most likely to swim with sharks (purposely): Eagles (only because of Sig)

Ehh, I suck at these I guess.
    imageVacation
  • I LOVE the ocean. It's so beautiful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:4b572206-c56b-40d7-a66b-3954dd6e3a9a">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You asked for it: Superlatives : Thought so!  That is where their ceremony and reception were held.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>It's great. Our ceremony was at our church, but I would absolutely recommend them. You can choose from a list of approved caterers and bring your own booze. Based on the quote from our second choice venue, we saved about $15K, and everyone loved the place.</div>
  • I love the ocean too.  I love lakes.  I love to LOOK at them.  From the land. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:c268f0b1-0bdd-4a27-b402-1ca8adf7ae48">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE the ocean. It's so beautiful.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>I told H that for our HM I want to go somewhere that has that turquoise looking water that almost looks fake. I don't care what country it is. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:f7a2cf45-aa47-40fe-8280-8f6b80bf3790">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You asked for it: Superlatives : I told H that for our HM I want to go somewhere that has that turquoise looking water that almost looks fake. I don't care what country it is. 

*drools*
  • What's the purpose of salt water in a pool?  That just sounds gross.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • For realsies:
    Knottie with the best wedding photos: Any, Rach
    Knottie with the prettiest smile: Chrissy
    Knottie most likely to be a millionaire someday: Mica
    Biggest flirt: Any
    Most likely to have been class president: Musu
    Friendliest knottie: Rach
    Smartest knottie: Mica
    Best wedding advice: Duds
    Best life advice: J

For funsies:
    Knottie most likely get arrested: Daff
    Knottie most likely to get in a bar fight: J. I could see her beating some biiitches up.
    Knottie most likely to actually be a 15 year old fuuucking with us all: KWill or whatever her most recent SN was. Has anyone else noticed that Nessie seems to have disappeared?
    Knottie most likely to move to the top of a mountain in a shack with no electricity: Anna
    Knottie most likely to have an affair with the pool boy (this is just for fun so FFS don't get butthurt): LC... my sole basis for this answer is the hat in her sig makes her look like a rich society lady who would have a pool boy
    Knottie most likely to give good advice but break all the etiquette rules in secret: Me. Not really, but there are some etiquette rules that I will advise people to follow, even though I think they're stupid.
    Knottie most likely to turn into a crazy cat lady: Steffi
    Knottie most likely to swim with sharks (purposely):
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Froggie - I know that in a salt water pool I can open my eyes in the water and it doesn't kill them. I think a lot of people like them because there isn't the whole harsh chemical things. 

Edited for spelling
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:cc5109da-4738-4b0d-8d13-3ffd16e52075">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's the purpose of salt water in a pool?  That just sounds gross.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

Some pools have salt water systems instead of chlorine.  According to H it's expensive as hell but it's better than being all chemically.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • For realsies:
    Knottie with the best wedding photos:Rach
    Knottie with the prettiest smile:Cfrb
    Knottie most likely to be a millionaire someday: LC, Rosie
    Biggest flirt: AATB
    Most likely to have been class president: Bay
    Friendliest knottie: Midge, LDY
    Smartest knottie: Mica
    Best wedding advice: Duds 
    Best life advice:Stacks

For funsies:
    Knottie most likely get arrested:Eagles
    Knottie most likely to get in a bar fight:Rach
    Knottie most likely to actually be a 15 year old fuuucking with us all: Klastmanisback and all the s/n's that go along with it
    Knottie most likely to move to the top of a mountain in a shack with no electricity:Rupe, Adamar
    Knottie most likely to have an affair with the pool boy (this is just for fun so FFS don't get butthurt):
    Knottie most likely to give good advice but break all the etiquette rules in secret:
    Knottie most likely to turn into a crazy cat lady: Steffi
    Knottie most likely to swim with sharks (purposely):Fish
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:f7a2cf45-aa47-40fe-8280-8f6b80bf3790">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You asked for it: Superlatives : I told H that for our HM I want to go somewhere that has that turquoise looking water that almost looks fake. I don't care what country it is. 

They have water like that in the Maldives, i'm in love with it! Well pictures anyway! Tori says it's GORGEOUS in person.
  • Huh.  Wouldn't they still have to put some sort of chemicals in it for sanitation though?  Or does the salt somehow take care of that.

I need to google this.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I prefer salt water pools to chlorinated ones. They are less damaging to my hair.
  • edited July 2012
    Apparently salt plus water makes it's own chlorine.

Interesting.

ETA:  And now I'm trying to diagram out that reaction.  Gawd, I love Chemistry.  Also, I am a nerd.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Speaking of my hair, I recently started washing my hair with baking soda again. Years ago, I did it for about three years, and my hair never looked better.

Right now, my hair is stupid shiny.
  • I've never heard of washing your hair with baking soda. 
  • I have swum with sharks. It was kinda freaky.

Stop jinxing my sparkly clean record, y'all.

Eagles - you'd LOVE the movie Soul Surfer. (not)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-asked-for-it-superlatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d826be62-187a-48a2-bb4a-073014bbb058Post:4153f92e-cfff-4850-b6a4-9a18a570b0de">Re: You asked for it: Superlatives</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of my hair, I recently started washing my hair with baking soda again. Years ago, I did it for about three years, and my hair never looked better. Right now, my hair is stupid shiny.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>Tell me more.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The only salt water pool I've been in was on the cruise ship I was on when i was 12. I didn't know people did this with their own pools but it makes total sense why they would.
  • NOTHING is better than being all chemically.  The smell of chlorine for me is like the smell of mom's home cooking for most people, ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards