January 2013 Weddings
Options

Too close to Christmas?

Hello Ladies!

FI an I were originally planning on having our wedding in March, but because of our potentially crazy shedules( We are both in the Navy) we are looking at change the date to January 12th!  I was super excited but it seems a lot of people are worried that it is too close to the holidays since most of our guests are out of town and people don't have much money after Christmas season.

Is any one else concerned with the proximity to the holidays?

Thanks
-M

Re: Too close to Christmas?

• Options
    We're date twins. I sent out save the dates two months ago so people would have plenty of time to save. For the most part our relatives are all on board despite how close it is so the holidays.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the nicest part about winter weddings are that, after Christmas there really isn't that much to do! People tend to hibernate in the winter, what could be better than going to a really fun winter wedding? I think people will be really excited to celebrate with all of us January 2013 brides!
  • Options
    I'm also 1/12/13. I think it's enough time after the Christmas and New Year holidays for people to be able to make it. Like PP's the people who care the most will make an effort to be there. I'm sending out our save the dates in early June but we don't have very many guests coming from out of town. Just think, some people have their weddings in the month of December which I think is already alot going on for most people between Thanksgiving--black Friday shopping and Christmas holidays.
  • Options
    I am on January 5th, we had orginally planned for 12/12/12 but changed our date because it was a weekday. Many member of my family are talking about how close to Christmas it is but...we are getting a really great deal on the hotel, 70$ in the middle of downtown Atlanta when the average Saturday night rate is 120 or more. I hope they come but ya know...as long as my immediate family comes, I wouldn't mind a smaller wedding to be honest.
  • Options
    We're getting married on January 5th, also. We're a little concerned about it being so close to Christmas and New Years, but everyone who's invited (all 30 of them- haha) seem to be on board and haven't complained once about the date! I think his family is excited to see him "finally" get married (because apparently by 27 in Costa Rica he should have a wife and three kids) and my guests are just excited to come to the tropics in the dead of winter!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards