June 2013 Weddings
Options

Dresses

I'm feeling tired and over dress shopping. I've gone to five places and probably tried on like 60-70 dresses and I still didn't buy anything today after three more stores. It's really frustrating.

I'm stuck on two dresses I guess, at this point. The one I've envisioned since the day I saw it seven months ago. Because I saw it so far before ever trying things on, it's what I've always pictured myself in. I'm having a really hard time getting over imagining myself in that dress. I showed FMIL all the pictures of the dresses I tried on today and she still loved it. It's  this Maggie dress:

The other dress I really liked. I guess I'm just having a hard time not envisioning the Maggie dress because I've been hung up on it for so long.

The other dress also laces up, but it was too big and was clipped, so I didn't get a picture of it.

I'm really stuck and struggling to make a decision. I'm usually pretty decisive, so I'm really uneasy about my inability to just say yes to either. If I get the New York Bride (second) dress, it's in my budget and I can order one and they offer hem to hallow sizing. If I get the Maggie dress I'll have to buy the sample to get it in my price range.

Opinions? Preferences? I'm really confused about what to do. My mom really wants me to decide this week so we can order it next weekend when I'm in town for my race.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Dresses

• Options
    I think the Maggie looks just darling on you! Super cute! Although I love the tulle bottom of NYB, I love the overall look of the Maggie. Which one did you feel best wearing (made your heart skip a beat)?
    I would recommend waiting to decide bc it seems like you feel under pressure and not ready to commit. I tried on a ton of dresses and felt worn out. Then one day, I went to an appt by myself, listened to music that brought out the best in me (Mariah Carey "Fantasy") to remind me of me and ended up choosing easily. It was an off-the-rack over budget but I LOVE my dress. I was stuck btn 2 before, but in the end, it was just that I didn't find the one yet and I was trying to pick btwn runner ups!
    With that said, I still think the Maggie is gorgeous on you! It looks sweet and romantic. The NYB is also beautiful and has the princess look. What look better describes who you are? Hope that helps!
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I love number 1 on you!!!!! I would go with that one, and from what you posted, it seemed like you like #1 better deep down. Go with that one.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    That was a super hard choice - they both look amazing on you!
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I really like the Maggie dress on you. I think it fits your personality what I know of it and looks great on you. I feel like the other one is too princessy but I'm a little bias cause I tried that Maggie dress on and it was too much dress for me.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's A LOT of dress. If I get that one I'm taking the train off and a few layers of crinolen out. I love the ruffles so much. But I really love the top of the second dress. I'm trying to decide if I have the Maggie dress on a pedestal in my mind at this point since I had seven months between when I saw it and when I actually started looking at dresses. That's a long time to consider only one thing then try to branch out. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ask yourself if you will always regret not buying the Maggie dress. I think you look great in both but I love the ruffles on the Maggie dress!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ae8ad2e1-0212-401f-99ae-8bbed4dd1a02Post:cf214941-3db3-424d-ab78-a6ded0aeeb61">Re: Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's A LOT of dress. If I get that one I'm taking the train off and a few layers of crinolen out. I love the ruffles so much. But I really love the top of the second dress. I'm trying to decide if I have the Maggie dress on a pedestal in my mind at this point since I had seven months between when I saw it and when I actually started looking at dresses. That's a long time to consider only one thing then try to branch out. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmmm well if you LOVE the top of the second, and the thing you like about the Maggie is the bottom- and then you want to change it- I'd try to envision what the changes would look like and ask about how easy it is to make them.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Not to go throwing more dresses in the mix here, but have you tried on others that are a similar silhouette and price range?  (With that number, I'm sure you have).  But I wonder if there is one that has a similar bottom that you wouldn't want to change as much, with more detailing up top?</div>
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    Of all the ruffled dresses I tried on that one wins by a landslide. I'll take the train off any dress I buy. I don't want one and I don't want to bustle something I don't even want. I'd rather have it just be gone. The second dress has a train too. I"ve tried on every silhouette at this point, both under and over budget. I'm just trying to decide if the Maggie dress is something I've built up in my head to a standard that is out of reach. I had seven months to think about it, so it's fogged my brain. I think a week of thinking it over then going to retry both will be helpful.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ae8ad2e1-0212-401f-99ae-8bbed4dd1a02Post:ecc7ed3b-3fd3-4aa4-98ac-63eb0b9446b1">Re: Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Of all the ruffled dresses I tried on that one wins by a landslide. I'll take the train off any dress I buy. I don't want one and I don't want to bustle something I don't even want. I'd rather have it just be gone. The second dress has a train too. I"ve tried on every silhouette at this point, both under and over budget. I'm just trying to decide if the Maggie dress is something I've built up in my head to a standard that is out of reach. I had seven months to think about it, so it's fogged my brain. <strong>I think a week of thinking it over then going to retry both will be helpful.</strong>

<div>Definitely! And as PPs suggested, they are both slightly different "feels," so you might be able to see if you want the edgy-elegant or slightly princessier look out of the two :-)</div>
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:ae8ad2e1-0212-401f-99ae-8bbed4dd1a02Post:cf214941-3db3-424d-ab78-a6ded0aeeb61">Re: Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's A LOT of dress. If I get that one I'm taking the train off and a few layers of crinolen out. I love the ruffles so much.<strong> But I really love the top of the second dress.</strong> I'm trying to decide if I have the Maggie dress on a pedestal in my mind at this point since I had seven months between when I saw it and when I actually started looking at dresses. That's a long time to consider only one thing then try to branch out. 

<div>I absolutly love the top of the second dress.</div>
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When you go back to try them on, ask to be accessorized. Maybe when you have the whole look it will be easier to decide.
    If you like the top of the second dress, there may be things that they can do to the Maggie, such as adding more bling. Both gowns are gorgeous!
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I love number 2 on u!!!! Tho u are smiling in the 1st so may that's the dress! Even if the 2nd is in ur budget don't go for it just bc of money/budget! They both look great on you tho so which ever one u choose u will make a beautiful bride!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love number 2!  I really like the extra bling up top.  But I agree with what other people said - if you will regret buying dress #1 and will be possibly thinking about it on your wedding day, then you have to go for it.  Or you could just take a week or 2 off from dress shopping and see how you feel then.
  • Options
    I love 1st dress its is fun and flirty!

• Options
    they both look great on you but i LOVE the first one
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards