Ohio-Cincinnati

Marriage license in Butler County?

The website below says that I have to apply for a marriage license in the probate court at the most 60 days before the ceremony.

It was unclear to me how I get this application.  Do we just show up with our IDs at the probate court at the address on the website anytime during business hours?  Do we dress up?

Anyone has experience with getting their marriage license?

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Marriage license in Butler County?

• edited December 2011
    We got ours in Hamilton co. but they had an application on their website that you could fill out ahead of time. It's basic info such as name, date of birth, count you were born in, ssn, mothers maiden name. When you get there they go over the application with you and ask a few additional basic questions and then you pay the fee and sign the application. It was a pretty unglamorous experience. You definitely do not have to dress up and definitely bring your id. I don't believe they take appointments either so just go in any time during their business hours and hope that there isn't a wait.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011

Yep, you just show up... You'll be there maybe 30 minutes top. It's an easy application, nothing complicated. Have your ID handy, and double check Butler Co's website in case they require anything else, like a birth certificate.

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, that was great info.

ebbowman5, congratulations on your wedding in just a few days!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards