Wedding Woes

A hypothetical

If you were single and looking for a relationship, would you get on a dating website, join activities, or... e-mail an entire university biology department hoping someone is single?

An e-mail the whole bio department received here today:

"Greetings I’m tolerant, cultured and educated. My heart is full of love nature and music.

I like self-education, household, gardening. I want to create a family. I have an optimistic outlook, but I am alone. I hope to meet a man who needs my devotion and love. ]I want to love and to be loved."

Any takers?

Re: A hypothetical

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh goodness.  Even *I* am not that desperate.
    imageimage
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *snort* - now i see why you can't ask your coworkers about how to make friends. ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Why didn't I think of that?

smh
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    why just the bio department?  why not all sciences? 
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1 - why does self-education sound icky to me?

2 - is this Amy Farrah Fowler?
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_hypothetical-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1acd179e-61db-49b5-b9cb-1ed75fe1f6a0Post:b76a2401-1797-439c-88d4-5fc28f2425bd">Re: A hypothetical</a>:
    [QUOTE]why just the bio department?  why not all sciences? 
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

No one likes the chem department.
  • edited December 2011
    And no one thinks psych is an actual science.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_hypothetical-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:1acd179e-61db-49b5-b9cb-1ed75fe1f6a0Post:b76a2401-1797-439c-88d4-5fc28f2425bd">Re: A hypothetical</a>:
    [QUOTE]why just the bio department?  why not all sciences? 
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

because sciencey folks are snooty. chemists, physicists, and engineers probably wouldn't give her the time of day.

bio? weak.

i had a prof in the bio department ( i think it was a microbiology class? i'm sure Kuus probably knows her) who asked the first day for people to raise their hand based on major. when she got to engineering, about 1/3 of the class raised their hands, and she told us that she hates engineers. she was dead serious. I showed up for very few lectures after that.
    edited December 2011
    WAS IT LJJ?!
    edited December 2011
    i think her intitals are PG. it's been 6 years since i took the class.
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I know EXACTLY who you're talking about.  She's an odd one.
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I had professors do that to engineers and had it done to me. I had to take Physics for Life Science Majors and the professor basically said on the first day that they rotated this assignment through the department and they all hated teaching this course. Thanks. I failed one class in college and it was that one. I also remember on of the organic chem professors really hating the Chem E majors. Don't know why though.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_hypothetical-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:1acd179e-61db-49b5-b9cb-1ed75fe1f6a0Post:f7abfa74-32d0-4695-b925-5dea52384f97">Re: A hypothetical</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had professors do that to engineers and had it done to me. I had to take Physics for Life Science Majors and the professor basically said on the first day that they rotated this assignment through the department and they all hated teaching this course. Thanks. I failed one class in college and it was that one. I also remember on of the organic chem professors really hating the Chem E majors. Don't know why though.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

i was a ChE major when i took Ochem 1&2 - i would venture to say it was because your average engineering student didn't have the time to memorize hundreds of names (and naming rules) for molecules. . . but maybe that was just my experience. the first time i took ochem 2, the professor got confused and taught us his advanced polymers class instead. he wondered why more than 75 % of the class was failing. i retook the class as a 6 week intensive over the summer and got an A- or a B+.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards