May 2011 Weddings

Saturday!

Morning, ladies!

let me tell you a little bit about my day yesterday.
I went to work at 4:00, and was scheduled to work until midnight.  Midnight comes, and we get a phone call from our on call supervisor saying that one of the girls coming in for night shift will be late, but should be in by 1am and that I needed to stay. 1:00 rolls around, we get another phone call that now she won'tbe in until 2. No big deal, I didn't have to work until 10am today.  2:00 comes, no third shifter. 3:00 comes, still no one. 3:30, phone call from the on call saying that now she can't get ahold of this girl, that she's tried to call her 4 times with no answer, and no one else could come in. So the only thing to do was for me to stay until 8am, and then have today off. 
So I worked from 4pm yesterday until 8am this morning.
I feel like a zombie.

DH is making us a big breakfast, then I'm going to bed. 
I can't even sleep all day, because I need to be able to sleep tonight so I can work tomorrow. Ughhh. 

What do you ladies have planned for today? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Saturday!

• That sucks jlq! I could never work like that! Rest up today!! Today we're not up to much. We'll be going to find my sister shoes to wear to my other sisters wedding. Fun stuff! I'm also hoping the shoes I have go alright with our BM dressed do u can save money! I also need to remember to buy hair product because I have zero left and my curly hair requires some!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sure you are dead today but its nice to have the day off! I took a (sleep) overnight shift for someone once in a group home. I worked 8AM-4PM, had dinner and went to a basketball game with my dad, then worked to 10PM-6AM. One of the girls was up all night, which meant I was up all night. I had to cancel the 8AM shift I was supposed to work that next morning.

My family has been in town all week, which is why I've been absent. We've been dress shopping for my sister's wedding dress. She found one she liked down in Omaha. But we've still been going just to see if there's anything better. Last night H grilled and we watched a movie.

Today we're going dress shopping then to Ikea. Then H and I are making a fancy dinner so we can use the china we just bought. Busy day!
  • Wow, that's horrible JLQ!
    Echo & Klassy - Have fun shopping!
    Joy - Hopefully they don't make any changes to your presentation.

Good Morning,
    Brian is going grocery shopping while I'm here finishing my laundry.  Tibby is tweeting and whistling away because I'm in the other room.

Later today, I have no idea what I'm doing.  We decided not to go to my co-worker's party so we need to come up with a new plan.
    Married: 5.28.11

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • jlq that is insane!  What do you do again?  I hope you get some mad over time for that one.

I am cleaning and working on some business planning today.
    Friend is coming over tonight.
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Bio
  • Holy cow jlq!  Hopefully you can have a relaxing rest of your day.

Not much going on here--it's supposed to be some craptastic weather today so we are just hanging out at home.  Maybe venturing out to get some lunch and go to Barnes and Noble.

I'm currently watching How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days.  LOVE this movie :)  DH has even laughed at some portions so I call that a great success.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Just hanging out now but already ran around quite a bit this morning to a kids consignment sale, Target, Goodwill and Savers.  At least I got some decent maternity clothes though.  I would have made out great at the consignment sale if I knew the genders but I guess I just have to be patient a little longer. 

We are going to the daffodil festival late this afternoon with my friend, her daughter and the little girl she is babysitting for.  Over 10000 daffodils, a crafts fair, food, rides, and fireworks.  I'm pretty excited.

And just for fun.... some pics from our NT scan on Thursday....

Baby A (behaving nicely for pictures):

Baby B (the stinker that was hanging out upside down so the pictures are all fuzzy):

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Jodi - when do you get to find out genders?
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am going to one of those party's where they try to sell you stuff. Today it is stuff made from honey. We shall see how this goes.

IT is also rainly. I think I may do some baking when I get home.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • Joy - Apparently she was at the hospital with her niece? Or some family member. And at first she was waiting for a car to come to the hospital for her. then she ended up having to take her niece home (at 1am) and wait for another person to get there before she could come to work, then we don't know what happened because she just wouldn't answer her phone.

NCV - I work in a group home with developmentally disable adults. We get overtime once we get over 40 hours for the week, so some of that crazy shift was overtime for me. 

My mom and nephew are in town, and the other daywas his birthday so we're going out ot meet them! I could have slept all day. 

Jodi - BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh!!!! So exciting. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • aw - so cute, Jodi!
  • H and I are talking about going on a date tonight. I've been in the house without leaving it since last week when we went to my follow up appointment with my OB and I was excited about going to the store yesterday. We passed a gas station and I was like "hey, gas went down!" Last I saw it was 3.80 and it was down to 3.73. I guess it's been that for a while because H asked me when the last time I got out of the house was. When I told him he said he didn't realize just how cooped up I was and suggested we go to dinner and a movie tonight. We left Chase with MIL last night and that was the first time we've gone somewhere and left him at home. And we're talking about doing it again tonight. Hopefully we get to go because I need to get out of the house.

H is at work, so today I'm just watching tv and hanging out with Chase.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Woohoo BB!  That's got to be a fantastic feeling :)
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Happy Saturday ladies!  We were in DC for most of the day with his family.  It was fun.  And we got cupcakes from the store featured on DC Cupcakes (TLC)  They were really yummy.  If you ladies come up here I would take it (yes I will bribe you)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • So, the honey party was fun. But I totally lost at the game "I've never"

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • Hello. Just finished eating dinner and washing my hair. I'm so mad that I cut my knee shaving :-(. I've never done that before and it hurts! Jodi - awww!

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • In Response to Re: Saturday!:
    Hello. Just finished eating dinner and washing my hair. I'm so mad that I cut my knee shaving :-(. I've never done that before and it hurts! Jodi - awww!
    Posted by Che_Dominique
    I'm sorry you hurt yourself but you've seriously never cut yourself shaving?!  That's quite an accomplishment!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • We just got back from an artwalk. So fun but I'm so tired now. We're about to put on LOTR-FOTR on blu ray that I just got for H (and me, hehe).

Jodi- So cute!
    Aggie- You better be careful there. I just might take you up on that bribe. ;)
    Mono- It's a good thing you lost. 
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    We just got back from an artwalk. So fun but I'm so tired now. We're about to put on LOTR-FOTR on blu ray that I just got for H (and me, hehe). Jodi- So cute! Aggie- You better be careful there. I just might take you up on that bribe. ;) Mono- It's a good thing you lost. 
    Posted by uneek1323
    Then careful I shall NOT be.  Georgetown Cupcakes, a free place to stay annnnd ummm what else you want lady?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
    In Response to Re: Saturday! : I'm sorry you hurt yourself but you've seriously never cut yourself shaving?!  That's quite an accomplishment!
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    Never!  When I shave without my glasses or contacts on, I'm supeeeer careful.  This time I was washing my hair too, so I was rushing.  :-P

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • I am so lazy when I shave that I think I knick myself most times I do it.  lol
    Fred Rogers
    I am so lazy when I shave that I think I knick myself most times I do it.  lol
    Posted by aggiebug
    Oh yeah - me too. I also often end up with strips that I missed.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    In Response to Re: Saturday! : Oh yeah - me too. I also often end up with strips that I missed.
    Posted by uneek1323
    all. the. time.  One time I got tired of shaving so I stopped after shaving one leg.  bahaha.

Fred Rogers
  • Che_DominiqueChe_Dominique
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Saturday!:
    In Response to Re: Saturday! : Oh yeah - me too. I also often end up with strips that I missed.
    Posted by uneek1323
    ::Checks legs::

Booooo...I have strips of hair still there. 

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
    In Response to Re: Saturday! : all. the. time.  One time I got tired of shaving so I stopped after shaving one leg.  bahaha.
    Posted by aggiebug
    I <3 you Aggie.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • So the daffodil festival was kinda a bust. We had a heat wave a couple weeks ago and apparently all the daffodils bloomed then and are already dead. So we mostly just ate carnival food and went home.
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Cool hehe emart- my brother made fun of me for so long about that.  The ONLY reason he noticed was because I mentioned it to him.  

thats bummer Jodi I love daffodils, but carnival food sounds fantastic.

and Titus love new friends BB- I will forewarn you he drools after he gets a drink.  
    Fred Rogers
    In Response to Re: Saturday! : Then careful I shall NOT be.  Georgetown Cupcakes, a free place to stay annnnd ummm what else you want lady?
    Posted by aggiebug
    The next weekend I have off I'm planning to go to VA to visit my best friend, prepare for a visit from me, I would drive right by you! 
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards