Wedding Woes
Options

Nola, I miss having a husband

Not my exH, per se.  But a husband.  Not enough to run out and get married anytime soon.  Certainly enough to know I don't like being alone, day in and day out - even with all the bad.
aka: nicoleg1982

Re: Nola, I miss having a husband

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession:

I think that I'm so set in my ways that it's going to be hard to share decisions with someone else.

I don't mind sleeping alone, and wonder why people complain when their husband is out of town and have the bed all to themselves.

I often think that some of you wonder if I'm secretly crazy because I can't seem to find a man.:)

I've been seeing someone for 3 weeks that I met on eharmony. No details, just wanted to throw that out there.
  • Options
    Leg de NicoLeg de Nico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't judge you for not being with just any old guy for the sake of it.  Lesson learned on my end - be 100000000% sure.  If you're taking time getting that assurance, I can only applaud that.  And I certainly don't think you're crazy.  Maybe Jesus crazy.  But you can't be the only one in the world.  ;)

Nice!  Have fun with your eharmony guy.  Sounds like a good time has been had if he's still in the picture after the first few dates.  :)
    aka: nicoleg1982
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Heh, I *love* sleeping alone. If we ever get rich, we're going to have separate bedrooms. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NOLA - I lived alone so long that H has to be very accomodating about the house. I, on the other hand, have learned to let go of a lot of things. He makes unilateral decisions about some things, I do about others and we compromise on the remainder. I would trip too much about that.

And I know you aren't crazy. Just picky and I think that is GREAT!
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    NOLA - I'm totally with you on the being set in my ways and loving having a bed to myself.  And DH and I met on eHarmony in 2004, got married in 2006, and have managed not to kill each other so far.   And the eHarmony peeps sent us a Tiffany crystal bowl as a weddin gift.   So there's that.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nola-miss-having-husband?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:3e316fb5-c4a0-4296-a802-4bd5b0e13339Post:d2602c99-1373-4c9b-925d-32f89f6999f1">Re: Nola, I miss having a husband</a>:
    [QUOTE]NOLA - I'm totally with you on the being set in my ways and loving having a bed to myself.  And DH and I met on eHarmony in 2004, got married in 2006, and have managed not to kill each other so far.   And the eHarmony peeps sent us a Tiffany crystal bowl as a weddin gift.   So there's that.
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

Damn. Our dating service barely said "congratulations" when H told them about it. (When they called him 2 weeks before the wedding to see if they could set him up with someone else. He declined.)

• Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nola-miss-having-husband?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:3e316fb5-c4a0-4296-a802-4bd5b0e13339Post:d2602c99-1373-4c9b-925d-32f89f6999f1">Re: Nola, I miss having a husband</a>:
    [QUOTE]NOLA - I'm totally with you on the being set in my ways and loving having a bed to myself.  And DH and I met on eHarmony in 2004, got married in 2006, and have managed not to kill each other so far.   And the eHarmony peeps sent us a Tiffany crystal bowl as a weddin gift.   So there's that.
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

<div>We didn't get anything from Eharmony, maybe it is because we declined making a commercial for them?</div>
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    We did not make a commercial.   IIRC, we just filled out a form online with our info and that we were getting married.   And then, VIOLA!, a pretty pretty box from Tiffany was delivered to our house.   :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Y'all must have had a good story.:)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I know what you mean about being set in your ways. I was 35 when I met my husband (on eHarmony) and he was 39. I was very worried about how we would mesh living together but we seem to balance each other very well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I don't sleep any different with or without DH.  I do like having him around to deal with the mice and frogs.

• Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you're crazy, Nola, I just think that there aren't a lot of men out there who are good enough for you.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I don't think you're crazy, Nola, I just think that there aren't a lot of men out there who are good enough for you.
    Posted by ReturnOfKuus[/QUOTE]

i totally agree.  sometimes i don't have very much faith in men because i don't see a line of men waiting for you and my sister.  really, dudes?
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ::sits with NOLA::

To be honest, I sometimes think that the only time I really miss having a man around full time is when I have had dog food and mult-packs of toilet paper riding around in my car for a week because I don't feel like carrying them into the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards