Wisconsin
Options

Wedding Dress Shops?

I am just starting to look for a wedding dress.  Any suggestion on where to go?

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Dress Shops?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stone Manor Bridal in Cedarburg, WI!  I love them there :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MidniteSun383MidniteSun383 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the price range and type of service you'd like.  If you're looking for a high-end gown with a service person there to pick out dresses for you and help you into them-Gigi's and Zita's would be my suggestions.  If you looking for something middle of the road and would like to be able to peruse the dresses yourself-Zita's is still an option, also Kay's Bridal, Amelishan, Beratti, Edith's (Fond du Lac-where I"m getting my dress), Eva's, and Stone Manor are good choices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Savvy Bride in Brookfield.  The girls there are great and they have a good variety of dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Savvy Bride just based on service.  We stopped in there just on a whim and though they were busy, fit me in so I could try some dresses on for the first time.  I didn't end up finding anything there, but I still though they were great.I thought there selection was a little small though.

I also went to Amelishan.  Though they have a huge number of dresses, I though their service was a little lacking.  Though I found a dress I really liked, I couldn't get into it because it was cut really narrow.  Even though I was obviously hesitant about the dress because I couldn't get it on, they were hard core pressuring me to buy it, which I did not appreciate.  They use a 10% discount(only valid your first visit) to amp up the pressure to buy.  The other thing is they cut out the tags!  I'd heard of this before, but seeing it live still shocked me.  I read it as a them knowing their customer service sucks, so they have to keep their edge by cutting out the tags.   My mom and I had to look at hundreds and hundred of dresses online since the tag was cut out and were finally able to find the dress I liked.  We called around and found it at another store in a bigger size, so I was finally able to try it on.

I also am going to Eva's this week because they are having a 20% off sale with the donation of 4 food items.  I called and they also carry the dress I liked, so we will go there and take advantage of the sale!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

One more comment about Savvy, as previously mentioned their service is great.  I also did not find my dress there however I plan to order it there due to their great service and they are $100 cheaper than the other shop that had it to try one.  So even if you find your dress elsewhere I would definately call them for a price because they will match other shops and in my case it was cheaper!  They can order a lot of designers even if they don't have the dress as a sample. 

• Options
    kerritheannkerritheann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eva's bridal in Oak Creek. All my friends got their dresses there, I've gotten a bridesmaid dress there, adn am going in this weekend to purchase my wedding dress. They are so nice there!
  • Options
    lindseyanne1lindseyanne1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Gigis in mequon.  They were amazing and so helpful, they have a store called the rack where they occassionally sell sample dresses.  Ask for Lana if you go there, she is sooooo great and super nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My future mother-in-law has a cute little store in Racine called Bravo on 6th Ave and Main St.  If you want amazing, personal service and great dresses go there! I swear I am not biased!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stone Manor Bridal in Cedarburg, Savvy Bride in Brookfield, and Beratti Bridal in Germantown are my top choices!  The girls at all of these places are so pleasent and helpful.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Ediths in Fon Du Lac. The service was amazing and I found my dream dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Brandi's Bridal in New Glarus & have had a very good experience.  I was looking for a dress with lace, and they had a a very good selection.  All very nice workers there as well.

I would also recommend Savvy Bride - I didn't end up getting my dress there (tried some on there though), but we got the bridesmaid dresses, my mom's dress, and my shoes from there.  They are awesome - like everyone else said, great customer service and they just make the experience so much fun.

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress at Stone Manor in Cedarburg. I was really happy with their service. I would also check out Betrothed Bridal in Oconomowoc though, it's a new store and I thought the service was great. Their selection is very unique.

I would stay away from Edith's in Fond du lac, they do have a decent selection but their service is horrible. I've purchased 3 bridesmaid dresses at Edith's and my experience was bad every time.
  • Options
    kschool10kschool10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks like you're from Milwaukee, but if you're willing to go to Appleton, I got my dress at The Bridal Event in Appleton.  It's on Richmond Street.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    verovladamirverovladamir member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I got my dress from David's Bridal in Brookfield. I've had a really great experiancne with it. Plus it's nice because they have a shop in Appleton as well. I live in Menomonee Falls, but I go to school in Oshkosh, so it's nice to be able to work with them on stuff while I am away at school. 
    Per angusta ad augusta Through trial to triumph Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards