Tennessee

New Venue- The Bridge Building Review

Get ready for a long review....!

So my father pointed out this new venue to me and it is in a wonderful spot right on the river in Nashville with what it seems an awesome roof for a patio and a wonderful indoor space. Being a bride who is also an event planner required me to do some extra digging... For anyone interested in my eyes they have NO idea what they are doing wedding wise... Unless you have a $75,000 budget! I went through all of their fees and they are ridiculous! They want a $6000 or so rental fee which only includes the venue and the tables and chairs.

On top of that all of the catering options are "build your own" which really drives the cost up. They want $17 per plate of dinner ($10 extra pp if you want a second entree), Plus another $3 or so for non-alcoholic drinks, then another $7 for linens, plates, cups, silverware. That doesn't even include hor dourves or any cocktail hour stations. That is at the cheapest level, for a 100 person wedding you are already up to $5,550 in food-- no alcohol and no cocktail hour. Of course, they also charge an arm and a leg for servers and bartenders.

One of the things that really got me is that is you want any coordination of your wedding day at the venue you also have to pay another $200! That is not full event planning either. It's basically just setting up and making sure things are done on time.

I tried to message them to get some questions answered because I was considering the venue myself. But all she sent me was an info packet-- with the same info on the website and said "here this will answer most of your questions"-- funny thing is they didn't answer one of my questions.

It does not seem like they are going to be too willing to negotiate. For any brides looking into this venue I would be highly aware of their unexperience! BTW! They haven't even done one wedding yet and they've already set their prices this high!

This is just a little bit of a conclusion I have come about. I am all about getting the best deals for my bride for their budget and this is unfortunately not one of them. I would be happy to forward an information packet that they sent me for anyone interested. If it interests you I would definitely book an appointment with them and try to negotiate with them. They are basically trying to charge NYC prices for a Nashville venue!

If anyone else has ever had experience with them let me know! I fortunately found a venue 1/3 of the price that includes EVERYTHING, so I will not be going with this one. But, I would love the feedback for future clients. Thank you! Happy planning!

Re: New Venue- The Bridge Building Review

• LadyBKBLadyBKB member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Which venue did you find that was 1/3 the cost? I am planning mine and it's crazy to get an affordable venue here in Nashville.
  • I actually decided to get married in New Orleans! Ha Nashville is my hometown so I looked there first. But I absolutely lie the city of New Orleans and since all of my guests are OOT we decided we would have it there! Nashville area is SO tricky to find an affordable venue! One of my favorites was the opera center. It all really depends on the feel of your wedding though because the venues are so diverse! I see new venues pop up each day though! And we are having our on memorial weekend Sunday. Which dramatically dropped the price.. Except for at the bridge building!! Lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards