Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: free association

• Obviously, monkey is the most interesting and correct answer.  I have no idea why though, however.
  • Monkeyforthewin

How are you, Mocha? I was starting to think there was no one out there- and it's still relatively early your time.

• Late my time, almost midnight.  Watching FI play Call of Duty and heading to bed here soonish. 
  • edited November 2009

Yay, there's more of you!

What's everyone up to tonight?

• So, have you read that EmilyKathleen girl's thread?  You'll want to poke out your eyes by the end.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • **OR** secret write-in option:  "Brian Boitano"

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • I also chose monkey, but was wavering to I don't know. But you aren't supposed to waver in free association so I had to go with my instincts. I am also curious as to why there are more answers than posters in this thread? Post people, it is to dead here lately!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Did we ever find out what night nommer was?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Totally off-topic, but Thesun, if you uncheck the post box at the top, it sorts by most receent most in a thread, so by theory, if any threads you've posted in have new activity, it will move them to the top.

I say "in threory" because it seems not all features work for everyone.  So far that seems to be working for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Random things said today and Eastunder and Mr Eastunders brunch out:  

<me telling him random things about the knot (like you all dont do it too!) />

Eastunder - "One of the girls on the knot is from Australia, but if she lived here I would make her be my best friend because she seems SO cool."

Mr Eastunder - "Well if she's super cool, she probably wouldn't want to be friends with you."

Eastunder "You're probably right. Damn. "

• What do you mean, what night nommer was? I think the oldies here would remember it... 

Sadly, with the lack of URL PIP, night nommers are no more (unless, of course, you wish to save random NOM pictures onto your computer and upload them here).

emilykathleen, isn't that the one about the cousins or something? I'll have to take a look.

Amalama, I must caveat that free association is somewhat contradictory in a forced choice poll, but I appreciate you sticking to your monkey instinct. 

East, you can have Brian (ps: who is Brian?)

• I picked Monkey because it is the name of my cat, who is currently sitting on my legs on top of blankets and making me incredibly hot. But of course I can't move to cool off because I don't want to disturb the kitteh.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I'll tell you what Brian Biotano would do if he was here right now.  He'd probably kick an @ss or two, thats what Brian Boitano would do. 

• Brian Boitano is a former ice skater who is really gay and has/had a cooking show...right?
    my read shelf:
  • Beatles my dog is doing the same thing. And I am really hot but I have a feeling that she will need to go out if I wake her up, so I am choosing to be hot but still get to be lazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_association?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8c59505b-3d7a-493e-b1f8-714c5ea38677Post:923627fe-c451-44cd-ba11-6e3bd187f695">Re: free association</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beatles my dog is doing the same thing. And I am really hot but I have a feeling that she will need to go out if I wake her up, so I am choosing to be hot but still get to be lazy.
    Posted by amalama[/QUOTE]

Haha, the lengths we will go to just to keep the peace with our animals. H and I laugh at each other if we need to get off the couch from under the sleeping cat... it's like Catherine Zeta-Jones in Entrapment. I think our pets are spoiled.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_association?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8c59505b-3d7a-493e-b1f8-714c5ea38677Post:02e54784-9caa-4c59-a729-466c38ea06e1">Re: free association</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random things said today and Eastunder and Mr Eastunders brunch out:   <me telling him random things about the knot (like you all dont do it too!) /> Eastunder - "One of the girls on the knot is from Australia, but if she lived here I would make her be my best friend because she seems SO cool." Mr Eastunder - "Well if she's super cool, she probably wouldn't want to be friends with you." Eastunder "You're probably right. Damn. "
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]
    <p> </p><p>Oh, Eastie... if by some crazy lapse of logic you are referring me, clearly the divide between us is too great for BFF status, as I have no clue who this Brian dude is. He does sound awesome, though.</p><p> </p>
  • Oh dear, I just realised it's 4pm and I must go shopping. 

Knot life advice required: There's a dress at Target that I think looks cute on the hanger, and ok but not amazing on. I saw it was reduced to $20 and now I'm wondering if I should buy it. It's certainly got $20 worth of cute, but I think it might look better on someone who doesn't have a moon tan. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_association?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8c59505b-3d7a-493e-b1f8-714c5ea38677Post:6ea88b4f-2b25-4c50-a41a-200967a43a0c">Re: free association</a>:
    [QUOTE] It's certainly got $20 worth of cute, but I think it might look better on someone who doesn't have a moon tan. 
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

You just answered your own question.  I'd go for it.
  • Sun, It's probably best you remain unaware of Brian Boitano and especially the infectious little jingle about him from a South Park Movie.  Because it will then be stuck in your head, as it is now mine.  

You should absolutely get the dress.  Like you said, it's only 20 dollars.  If you only wear it two or three time, it's already paid for itself.   Plus, you may think it looks sort of blah now, but you may have a belt or cardigan already in your closet that it will look smashing with when paired together. 

And I was of course talking about you.  :)

• yeah East.  thanks for song stuck in my head.

At least it beats "jingle bell rock" that's been in there all day.
  • haha, I heard Mariah Careys "All I want for Christmas is You" earlier in the afternoon and I've been singing it ALL. FLIPPIN. DAY.   Truthfully I enjoy that song quite a bit (I blame Love Actually), but after the ninety-fifth spin I was ready to lose my mind. 

So the Brian Boitano song is almost preferable.

Although it has shifted to "Blame Canada" now.

Sorry, Canadians. 

• That is catchy.  But i prefer "just a jew at christmas"

dang it!  Now I've got the hanukkah song in my head.
  • edited November 2009

Sorry girls. I ran off to purchase said dress, and decided that it IS cute and I'm going to wear it to the thanksgiving party that we're going to this weekend. 

and east- I'm sure you're cool enough to make BFF status, if only you weren't located on the other side of the planet (ps: did I ever mention that I am a nerd who likes weird stuff?). In any case, the adoration is mutual... even if you are responsible for the mariah carey song playing through my head. 

I took a picture of the dress in the change rooms to show anyone who was interested. When I tried it on again, I actually thought it was much cuter than I did last time I tried it... and hello, $20. I have to show you a picture, because I think that the US target doesn't seem to stock the same range of cuteness as our target (or at least, when we were over that way it didn't). 

• yes, show pictures....

It's hot here.  I worked up a sweat and neded my asthma inhaler just walking from the parking lot to the shops.  And BIL found a dead rat sized mouse in the bathroom.

Only 4 1/2 more days....
  • Oh god, rat is horrifying! And I was going to page you today- I saw the forecast for tomorrow is 34 in Perth! I hope you've got the aircon ready!
  • yeah, he called it a mouse, but it was about the size of a DC rat,, so....

yes, 34 = 93, but thats in Perth.  Its usually 5-10 degrees hotter out where I am.  They say it was 32 (90) today, but I don't believe them.  The A/C here isnt really A/C. you have to have the windows open for it to work? They can call it whatver they want, but unless that air is being sent over a refrigeration unit...it ain't A/C

I can't believe I saw you complaining abut the heat.
  • Ok, so you'll have to forgive the blank (almost looks angry!) expression, but here is the dress. I am thinking east is right- potentially a black waist belt and a cardigan would make this look cuter... but in any case, it feels nice a summery which is perfect for next weekend's thanksgiving. Our friends just finished making their outdoor table- it seats about 18 so hopefully we'll all fit, and the weather will stay nice enough for us to eat outdoors. 

• very cute dress.  With it being above 30, I'm not sure a cardigan wouldbe needed at all.
  • Complaining about the heat? I have always complained about the heat here! I want to move south (eg perth!) to escape this humidity and heat. We adored Perth because the weather was so gorgeous- loved those 25 C days! 

Maybe not so much the 34 degree ones, though! But at least it is a drier heat than we have up here. 

And either way, eww on the creature in your bathroom. I've not seen a rat or mouse in a house (no rhyme intended) before. 

You must be so excited about going to France now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards