June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

It's Wednesday, correct..? I'm all jumbled.

Anyways, I didn't do much this week. Made a second cake tasting appointment, but it's not for a few more weeks. I've been meaning to contact our DJ and have him add doing our ceremony music to our contract, but I just keep forgetting. I've been pretty busy lately. 

What's everyone else have going on?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• I booked my DJ this week, and got some price quotes for decorating my reception hall. And I think we decided on a centerpiece and cake topper.
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have our menu tasting on the 5th, I am super excited about that. 
    Hopefully E-pics on the 9th . 
    Also NWR but, one of my really good friends is buying me a cello so I can play in the local orchestra with her. I am super happy about that, but nervous too since I haven't played in a while. 
    Still waiting on the quote from the event planner. I really hope her price is reasonable, because she is absolutely amazing already. 

June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh man...Its been about 6 weeks, I've done nothing...still in Paris.  Though I have weekend plans to make some cake appts, email my caterer, and call the seamstress...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My save the dates should be delivered either today or tomorrow, so I've been working on address labels for those. School started this week so the wedding has been put on the back burner
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I mailed out all our STD's on Sat, and people have started letting me know they got them and that they like them. Yay for that. I am worried that people will not look at the website I put on there, and it has important information I want everyone to be aware of. I hope they look, no new guest book signatures yet, lol.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • So, I hadn't heard from Expensive Florist for two weeks. I asked for a picture of the approximate size of the centerpieces to make sure it was worth the extra money. Since I never heard from her, I called Cheap Florist and told her I'd be sending a deposit. Since then, I got some sample pictures from other brides who used her. I'm confident she can recreate what I want for a really good price.

Expensive Florist just wrote to me to tell me her grandmother died, which is why she didn't get back to me right away. She also sent a picture of a small arrangement that looks like it should be for a cocktail table or something. She already told me that she had a few other brides asking about that date, so I don't feel too bad about not using her. I just feel bad about telling her that I went with someone else while she was away.

I know how crazy this sounds.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a busy week!

-  After a few trial and error tests over the last month or two, we finally figured out our DIY centrepieces (posted a picture on FB) and now know the exact steps to take to get the perfect results!   I can't remember who suggested it, but we will probably stain the planter boxes a little darker.  We also have a burn-in tool that we will use to carve our initials on the side in a heart - it's a theme we're carrying through on the invites, centrepieces, cake, and general decor. 

- I FOUND MY DRESS!!!!!  (also on FB)  I am in love and miss it already :P   I found dress shopping really difficult because I am very short.  I felt like I was swimming in a pool of fabric and nothing sat properly on my proportions.  Dropped waistlines went down past my knees in some dresses haha  The dress I ended up picking has a natural waist line and was much more flattering.  I can't wait to see it after alterations though because it was still a bit hard to visualize the shape of the skirt since almost a foot of fabric will have to be chopped off the bottom.  I am not worried about it because I know we can either take out or add a crinoline/slip to get the desired shape; I'm just excited to get to see a closer version of how I will look on the big day!   That won't be until May though, so I have a lot of waiting to do :P  

- We set up our hotel block and booked our room, so that is all sorted.

- We had a big talk with FMIL last night and she surprised us by saying she thought we shouldn't have children at the wedding.  We didn't want children to be honest, but were planning to invite them because we didn't want to offend anyone.  However, all the kids (only 6 of them in our family) are on FI's side, so since FMIL is on board with the idea we feel a lot more comfortable about the decision.  

- I've been putting together a wedding binder so that all of my information is in one place, using the templates on Russell and Hazel (http://www.russellandhazel.com/content/wedding-templates). I bought a cute Martha Stewart binder from Staples to put everything in and I'm far too nerdily excited about it LoL  Organizing always relaxes me.

- We had planted some seeds in the backyard earlier in the summer to see if I could grow some wedding flowers and cut down on bouquet costs.  They have exploded over the past few weeks and are blooming like crazy.  Super exciting, I hope it works out for next year!  We'll obviously have to plant them way sooner though :P

- Our engagement photos still haven't come back yet... we took them way back on July 15th so I am a bit bummed.  We're just trying to be patient, but I've been a tad down about it and worried we made the wrong decision with our photographer.  

- Lastly, we've been slowly gathering addresses because we plan to send our save-the-dates out in the Fall.  

Definitely a productive week!   I occassionally get on a roll and get a ton of stuff done, but then I feel like there's nothing left to do and wander aimlessly for a month or two haha  I think besides the save-the-dates I pretty much have to wait until the new year to do anything else.  Looks like I'll be bored! :P  
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Jenn, I feel extra-unproductive after reading everything you've got done. I feel like I should just write down all the things I didn't get around to doing this week.

I'm still on the hunt for wedding shoes. It's slim pickings out there for what I'm looking for now that all of the summer stuff is being transitioned out. The UPS man has been at our place five times in the last week delivering stuff I've ordered online. So far I've struck out on all of them and will be making a trip to the post office Saturday to send them all back (thank goodness for free return shipping).

We spent a couple evenings this week working on centerpiece stuff, and tonight my fiance is making a run to Hobby Lobby and Michael's to pick up some stuff we need to finish our photobooth wall this weekend.

I'm really reaching for stuff here, we've been seriously slacking lately. I've got to kick things into gear though because I don't want to leave anything to the last minute if I can avoid it.
  • Absolutely nothing :(  I need to get back to working on that stuff!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't done much, it's been a crazy busy week at work, we had a minor crisis and I had to stay in the office until 1 a.m. last night so I"m exhausted.

The only thing that I can think of is FI finally looked at our guest list last night (he must have been really bored to get to it lol) and added some more people. Now we know how many Save the Dates to order and I"m hoping we'll work on them over the long weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only thing I am working on is picking out outfits for our e-pics. I really have absolutely no idea what to wear. I am going to pick a dressier outfit and a casual outfit. We also need to do a book the hotel block, and inquire about a brunch at the hotel for our OOT guests for the morning after the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • AllieS421AllieS421 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    We had our tasting at our reception venue with my parents and FI's parents late last week, which was super fun and got us all back into the "ridiculously excited" feelings towards this wedding. So much so in fact that I booked hair and make-up for myself and my bridesmaids and our moms yesterday. We have this really cute salon about 15 minutes from the church that was opened by a group of friends that just decided they wanted to make people pretty for a living. The main coordinator was SUPER nice on the phone and said that she insists we bring mimosas and celebrate the day when we get there. I had no idea how many girls would want hair/makeup done but she said she has us on the books from 9-1 (wedding is at 3) and she just has to know final numbers in April. The stylists will come to us or we can go there and for hair AND make-up it will only cost $90. Great find!

Up next: Florist (makes me super nervous) and baker. Probably should get on finding BM dresses too.

Yay exactly 10 months left!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I was completely unproductive with wedding stuff this week (Been busy with work and doctors appointments).  We did get our copy of the contract from the photographer and set up our engagement shoot!! Mom and I worked on some budget stuff (no fun) and found the flowers we are going to use to make the bouquets.  The next big thing we have to do is find our caterer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI finally got the last address on his list so our save the dates are going out tomorrow! Other than that we've done a whole lot of nothing.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on everything you all did this week!  I feel so behind but I'm honestly getting exhausted from doing too much wedding stuff at once so right now I'm just focusing on one type of vendor at a time.

My mom helped me find a seamstress this week!  My mom works at a college, and she's really good friends with the woman who makes all the costumes for the theatre program.  She can make amazing dresses from scratch, so she told us it would be no problem to alter my dress and add a bit more of a sweetheart neckline.  My mom's paying for my entire wedding outfit (dress, alterations, shoes, veil) so if she's happy then I'm happy!  My mom also asked this woman if she could make me a veil since I don't want to have to buy a $200 one, and she said that they are super easy and cheap for her to make!  So that's a relief!

I'm also in the process of going through all of the hair and makeup artists I contacted.  They are soooo expensive!  I have an amazing bridal suite at my venue so I really want them to come there, but I don't want to have to pay over $300 for it!  I'm probably going to keep contacting people, and hopefully I can find someone affordable who won't make me look like a clown.
  • We haven't done a lot! I have worked every day but 1 for the past week and a half! We are ordering our save the dates next week. and we just signed our contracts for our room block. A friend of mine from high school is getting married this weekend and FI's sister is leaving for Ireland next thursday so we are going home for the weekend! So excited! going to talk to the hair dresser that I have gone to for years to see when i can book them for my wedding!!!!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Great job everyone on getting stuff done! I have once again done nothing productive. I've been going back and forth with my DOC and discussing seating plans so I know how many centerpieces I have to make. I went shoe shopping but can't find what I want in a super high heel. My FI told me he doesn't see why we have to go to a few different bakers to taste different cakes. He just wants to go to one and pick a flavor, he doesn't care about price or anything. He also would rather pay $3500 for flowers then have me DIY them for $1200 or less. Sorry that turned into more of vent than an update.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:3467bdd7-809e-495d-91e1-8305bdddd574Post:3721297a-f71d-4d13-8e40-60c8dcd0c01c">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on everything you all did this week!  I feel so behind but I'm honestly getting exhausted from doing too much wedding stuff at once so right now I'm just focusing on one type of vendor at a time. My mom helped me find a seamstress this week!  My mom works at a college, and she's really good friends with the woman who makes all the costumes for the theatre program.  She can make amazing dresses from scratch, so she told us it would be no problem to alter my dress and add a bit more of a sweetheart neckline.  My mom's paying for my entire wedding outfit (dress, alterations, shoes, veil) so if she's happy then I'm happy!  My mom also asked this woman if she could make me a veil since I don't want to have to buy a $200 one, and she said that they are super easy and cheap for her to make!  So that's a relief! I'm also in the process of going through all of the hair and makeup artists I contacted.  They are soooo expensive!  I have an amazing bridal suite at my venue so I really want them to come there, but I don't want to have to pay over $300 for it!  I'm probably going to keep contacting people, and hopefully I can find someone affordable who won't make me look like a clown.
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Can you borrow someone from the theater department at your moms work for makeup too? I was frustrated at the high on site prices too and nearly broke down and contacted my old roommate who is now a director of a local theater to ask to bum an artist off her for the day, haha. 

</div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • walgrrlwalgrrl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Nice job, everyone!  It sounds like we've been pretty productive.

Here's mine:

signed the contract for the hotel block and updated our wedding website to include the hotel info (I'm super excited to have this done!)

booked our cake baker and put down the deposit (also really excited about this - our cake will be two flavors: vanilla and red velvet.  It was so good at the tasting, I can't wait to eat it at the wedding!)

Ordered our placecards (I know I did this insanely early, but Wedding Paper Divas had them 50% off!  I couldn't resist.  I might end up with a few extras, but at that price I can't complain!)

I found out the girl who's been doing my hair for years also does makeup, which is fabulous!  I didn't for sure book her yet, but we talked about it.  I know I like how she does my hair, but I've never seen her makeup work, so I want to see pictures before booking.

I guess that's about it, and honestly, at this point, I have almost everything done.  I think it might actually be good for me to take a break from wedding stuff for a little while.  I'm starting to obsess and I think that's not good, LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow!! You girls are seriously busy!! =)  I am totally lagging here! I haven't done anything except I checked out a couple bakeries. I'm still trying to find someplace that won't charge an arm and a leg for the cake I want. I haven't even made any appointments to taste any cakes yet.

I did find my wedding shoes. FI loves them much he told me he'd buy them for me. =) Now to just find time to get back to the store to get them.

My friend gave me a great idea on making our first dance possible (since there is no dancing at our church where the reception is being held) A flash mob in the parking lot. Just for our dance. I LOVE the idea. If we still can't do that, there is another parking lot nearby that we will use. FI hates to dance, but Itold him that it's one dance so to deal with it. I thik it would be a blast!!! Definitely something that no one would forget.

That's about it here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Em - don't feel bad.. I did nothing for the past month and a half haha   And now I'm back to doing nothing again :P  It was a fluke week!
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Not much is going on wedding planning on my end. It's come to a screeching halt thanks to the madness of being a first year teacher. My goal this weekend is to figure things out floral, cake, and ceremony musicians wise and to e-mail my photographer about e-pics next month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards