Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Centerpiece HELP!

I'm constantly second-guessing my centerpiece decision because there's no other wedding that has the same combination so I'm not positive what it'll look like.  My colors are dark grey and light pink.

First picture: A picture from my venue with the same linens that I will be using.  I will be using the mirors and votive candles that are provided by the venue.

Second picture: I was always positive that I wanted candelabras and I still am.  Mine will be similar.  They'll be a little shorter with 5 glass-encased candles.  I will be using these for half of the tables with the square mirror, votive candles, and pink rose petals around the base.

Third & fourth pictures: I photoshopped the 3rd because the mirror made it confusing. My florist suggested these for the other half of the tables.  These will be on the square mirror (if they fit), surrounded by votive candles, and pink rose petals are the base as well.

My mom thought we should change the roses out with floating candles because she thinks candlelight looks stunning in a night reception - which I totally agree.  However, I already have the candelabras so I was wondering if it would seem "too much" to have floating candles as well.  Should I keep the floating roses? Or should I nix the whole glass candlestick concept and use a low, floral arrangment with the candelabras?

Re: Centerpiece HELP!

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I love the floating roses.  With votives, I think that would be beautiful and still plenty of candlelight.  It would also be fine to do either centerpiece on all the tables.

I voted for candleabras/floral centerpiece just because that's more my taste.  And honestly, I don't think you need the mirrors for either centerpiece.
  • Options

I voted for candelabras and low floral arrangements..and I agree on nix'ing the mirrors.  Btw, my wedding colors were charcoal grey and light pink too. Love it! :)

Photobucket OMG...I'm MARRIED! :)
  • Options
    Hmm...the mirrors would be pretty pointless with rose petals on the table.  Thanks for the ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards