Wedding Reception Forum

Renting space or a place that includes all

Hi Ladies,
I'm torn between renting space for reception or going with a place like a hotel or country club that includes all  (catering, linens, chair covers, etc).  Would I need to hire a day of wedding coordinator if I rent the space? If someone has gone through renting own space and hiring vendors, is it too much work the day of the wedding? please let me know what your experiences have been.

Thanks

Re: Renting space or a place that includes all

• It all depends on how hands on you want to be. My daughter and her wonderful fiance are living out of town from where they want the wedding to be. I gladly would have coordinated everything and just hired a DOC, but my daughter wanted to make all the decisions. It was just easier for her to deal with fewer decisions and fewer details.
  • We were so glad that we went with an all-inclusive venue. It took a lot of stress off of us not having to tend to every little detail. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree. all inclusive is typically cheaper in the end, and MUCH less stressful.
  • It depends on what you're looking for. If you try to recreate the same wedding that an all-inclusive venue would do, it will likely be more expensive to DIY. However, it isn't always cheaper to do all-inclusive. We are having our wedding in a county park for $30, then the reception in a barn for $300. We need to rent chairs, which they will be setting up for $500. We found a caterer for $10/pp, and will probably spend about $1000 on beverages. That comes to about $3000 for 150 people, and it would be more than twice that at an all-inclusive venue, without adding the beverage package. We are not doing a DOC. Our chairs are going to be set up for us, the bartender we hired will be setting up the bar, the caterer is setting up the buffet. It is a lot to coordinate ahead of time, but since we aren't doing anything extravagant, the day-of shouldn't be too much hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards