Mississippi
Options

Venues in Lucedale/Hattiesburg/Mobile area?

I'm looking for an inexpensive place for my wedding and reception. The date is for March 2013, and I would like the ceremony to be outdoor but the reception inside. 
I would prefer something under $700. I live in Starkville, but my family is in Lucedale, as is some of my fiance's. The rest is in the Hattiesburg area. His mom knows some people that could potentionally give us discounts in Hattiesburg, but I'm not extremely familiar to the area.
I've considered having the wedding at a church in Lucedale, but I'm stumped as to where to have the reception. (The church's FLC isn't that great, but it would work if it came down to it.) I'm on an extremely tight budget.
I also need a caterer. I'm hopefully going to have about 130 guests (including bridesmaids/ groomsmen), so under $10 a person is ideal.
Any suggestions??

Re: Venues in Lucedale/Hattiesburg/Mobile area?

• Options
    Hattiesburg has alot of great venues, but they can be pricey.  I would suggest maybe finding a church in Hattiesburg and having your reception at the train station downtown or at the Jackie Dole Sherrill multi purpose building.  I have been to receptions at both and they were nice.  These two venues are very inexpensive.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In hattiesburg one of my girlfriends was really happy with the "old library" downtown, and the ogletree house on campus at the Univ. of Southern Miss.

The old library looks super pretty from the pictures that she has shown me. Looks like a lot of interior wood, looks pretty.
    And the ogletree house is what she ended up deciding to get. Don't get scared about the tornado damage, they are planning on having the ogletree house repaired before this next football season, so it'd be ready by March 2013. The ogletree house is booking up, its price is really reasonable so brides are sweeping it up. 

I'm personally having mine at the Train depot downtown, I was really happy with how it looks inside. My family is from Texas so my parents during a visit just fell in love with it and that's how we ended up deciding on it. 
    The train depot has it's own kitchen so your caterer can cook using their facilities.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards