Oklahoma
Options

centerpice idea...is it too weird?

Hi guys! I am having my ceremony and reception at the Round Barn in Arcadia, and we are wanting to be kind of casual, relaxed, and fun. So, instead of doing flower centerpieces or something similar, I was thinking of putting different maybe vintage style board games on each table. Is this weird? I've gotten mixed reviews from friends. please let me know!! Thanx!!!

Re: centerpice idea...is it too weird?

• Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is awesome!  I say do what you want and be creative.  I saw photos of a wedding where the couple were english lit majors and they used their favorite old books, stacked in sets of 3-4, off-set a bit, as centerpieces.  I love fun creative ideas like this that fit the couple.  Plus, think of all that money you will save by not having floral centerpieces! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a cute, fun idea!  When is your wedding?  We are getting married at the Round Barn too!!!  :-D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! We are getting married on 3-19-11, I thought the games might be cute with the fun, laid back location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing that at our nonrustic, Red Prime reception.  I think it's a great idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's an awesome idea! I think it would be perfect for the Round Barn, too!
    Visit my planning blog: Bridely
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds like so much fun!

I'm very into making every part of your wedding reflect you as a couple.  Have fun, be creative!  Do what YOU want to do!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's an amazing idea! A great way to add your own personal flair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards