Ohio-Cincinnati

Rehearsal Dinner in Northern KY or Cincinnati?

Any suggestions on a rehearsal dinner place either in Northern KY or downtown Cincinnati?  We are thinking about 25-30 people...

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Northern KY or Cincinnati?

• hsnodgrahsnodgra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Molly Malones, in Covington & I'm excited about it. We wanted something a little more laid back - we have the entire second floor to ourselves, complete w/ our own bar & bartender, a pool table, and darts :)  Prices are really reasonable too. 

Let me know if you want to know anything else about it - Good luck!  
  • edited December 2011
    We're having ours at City Cellars downtown. Also very reasonable in terms of price...$25 per person for drinks and food.  They make woodfired pizzas on site, but you can also bring in catered food. The space will definitely fit 25-30 people.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_rehearsal-dinner-northern-ky-cincinnati?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:dff57d3b-2a99-43e9-9260-3c849a7de682Post:bfb8f55b-ce66-4caa-b283-a0122919661d">Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Northern KY or Cincinnati?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using <strong>Molly Malones</strong>, in Covington & I'm excited about it. We wanted something a little more laid back - we have the entire second floor to ourselves, complete w/ our own bar & bartender, a pool table, and darts :)  Prices are really reasonable too.  Let me know if you want to know anything else about it - Good luck!  
    Posted by hsnodgra[/QUOTE]

That was one of my original choices!  Good thing we didn't go with it or one of us would have been disappointed that we didn't get it! LOL

We're having ours at John Phillip's Restaurant in Edgewood, KY.  GL! :)
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Nada in downtown Cincinnati.  They have a private room upstairs that will fit up to 30 people.  They are great to work with and very accommodating regarding special requests. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Pompilios and they have a party menu that starts at $15 a person and you get 4 entree choices. You can email them to get more info.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Brio's in Newport on the Levee. We're going to have a pretty large group of about 40 people and they said they'd be able to easily accomodate us. They already gave us the menu options to choose from and everything sounds so delicious! They have two really pretty rooms for private parties plus valet service. They even have a florist on staff if you're interested in dressing things up a bit :)

When We Said "I Do:" August 6, 2011

My Newlywed Blog: The "I-Do Diaries"
  • JMWiesMomJMWiesMom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having ours at Waterfront in Covington.  They have a really nice private room that overlooks the river.  I would recommend it if you are having a larger rehearsal dinner because this is accommodating the 80 people we are expecting.  (My future in-laws want to invite a lot more people then I would preferUndecided)

• hsnodgrahsnodgra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TeamBaby - Ha, too funny! It is surprising we have not tried to book any of the same vendors. Would have been me that didn't get the place, I'm sure - we took our time on the rehearsal dinner site & actually just booked like two weeks ago. Maybe we could have just had one big joint rehearsal dinner?! Ha! Would have been a fun way to meet you, my date twin! ;)

Original poster - sorry to steal your thread for a minute there!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for asking this!  this post was very helpful, I am currently trying to find a place in the same area.
  • newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also rent out the upstairs of Keystone which is near Molly Malone's in Covington. There is also Barleycorn's in Fort Mitchell....not sure how many people their upstairs holds though... I also went to a rehearsal dinner at Twin Oaks Golf Course  in Latonia which was nice and a different rehearsal dinner at Colonial Cottage in Crestview Hills... That room was a little small.
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Ashmash82Ashmash82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into Chez Nora in KY.  They have great food and the staff will bend over backwards to help you.  They have 3 levels...floor one bar and rest. floor two is where they have you set up with your party (private bar)...and floor three is a jazz club with an amazing view on the porch.  They are fair priced and don't try to get you on anything extra.  We loved our recent rehearsal dinner there and received many compliments on the atmostphere and the food.  Hope this helps. ---Ashley
  • nics21nics21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to great rehearsal dinners at embassy suites, radisson, and montgomery inn the boathouse on the river.  All have great views, too!
  • edited December 2011
    You are totally fine!  I love how you have your wedding twin here!
  • edited December 2011
    You are very welcome!  This definitely helped me get started!
  • edited December 2011
    Chez Nora!  I can't believe I haven't thought of them yet!  That's where our first date was and we took our engagement photos in the area.  That would be so cool if we could have our rehearsal dinner there, too!  Wink
  • I was wondering if you could tell me how this went?  I really like this idea, but have never been to City Cellars.  Was there enough food?  How was the parking?  Would you recommend this idea?
  • We are doing ours at Buca. :) 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards