February 2012 Weddings
Options

Had my shower this weekend

It was AMAZING.  My bridesmaids did an afternoon-tea style luncheon, with a little bit of Vegas thrown in (as they said, since we couldn't go to Vegas for the bachelorette party, they were bringing Vegas to me!).  It was just so beautiful.  They put in SO much work, I was just astounded.  And one of my friends came from California!  It was a total shock, they'd all known she was coming since before Christmas and kept it from me.  She had even called and apologized for not being able to make it (originally she had said she would come, when it was planned for MLK weekend, but once it was changed she said she couldn't).  My mom and SILs also came up from NC for it.  We all had such a good time!

I'm going to try and attach a photo...

Me in my bow hat and with my bow bouquet.  ;)

Oh and I don't know if everyone has this 'superstition' but my mom and others at the shower all said that however many ribbons I broke while opening gifts, that's how many kids we'll have.  I broke three.  :)

Re: Had my shower this weekend

• Options
    cute! congrats! ive been reading all these threads about how other women's bridal parties are such a huge disappointment, it is lovely to read about someone who's friends obviously care :)

also, do you want 3 kids?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome. It's so nice to feel loved. I'm glad you had this experience to lead you right into your big day :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
     Im a little jealous, but glad to see your friends really put forth the effort!! I had no shower, and the supposed bachelorette party friday night is pretty much a bust. I think I'll end up sitting in my hotel room while my fiance is out with his buddies having a good time :( But, honestly happy to see your friends didnt drop the ball, that is awesome!!
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ^^ take the time to go to a spa and get a massage. or, get a good book, soak in the tub with candles and bubble bath and relax. watch some sappy movie he wont watch and take time for you. a salt/sugar scrub and nail polish can cure what ails you. :)

to me that sounds better than a party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  

I'm glad this went well, since we're having a little bit of a crisis now regarding the church (I may do a main post, but the gist is the minister informed me tonight that there's a birthday party *and* a Narcotics Anonymous meeting going on at the church, at the same time as the wedding.  I don't think it's enough parking.  And I'm annoyed because she said she asked us about it when we had our meeting two weeks ago, and she didn't.  Oy!

Oh and in answer to the question, I would rather just have two kids, but who knows.  :)
  • Options
    And Oh My Gosh, I just realized I somehow posted this on the February board, you must have all wondered who the heck I am!!!

Sorry about that, I hit the wrong one and didn't realize it!

And good luck to everyone having their wedding this month! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards