Registry and Gift Forum

Registry Woes

Someone please help! When we created our regsitry on our Knot website, we orginally had Traveler's entered as a registry site. After some reseach, we discovered Honeyfund, and switched to them.
Meanwhile, the Travel's Joy acct has been deactivated, but The Knot continues to show Travelers Joy as our main regestry site when people serach for us on The Knot.
I've been through te "manager my registry"pages and cannopt figure out how to delete the darned Travel's Joy icon and link. 
Anyone out there have a solution for me?

Perplexed Bride To Be

Re: Registry Woes

• 1) This isn't going to go over well. Honeymoon registries are pretty universally despised here for a number of reasons I'm sure other's will get into.

2) I believe there's a button you can use to check which registries you want visible if you go to your site to update it.

photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Have you tried logging out of the Knot and then logging back in?  Sometimes if you log out of the website it kind of refreshes things.  If that's not the case then you can go under "manage my registries" and you can check which ones are visible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registry-woes-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:54ffaaeb-59e5-4305-9496-cc20cc035af5Post:00fcf15a-e71b-4eab-8356-33a6b950997f">Re: Registry Woes</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) This isn't going to go over well. Honeymoon registries are pretty universally despised here for a number of reasons I'm sure other's will get into. 2) I believe there's a button you can use to check which registries you want visible if you go to your site to update it.
    Posted by jessicadall[/QUOTE]

<div>Funny thing, from the "website manager" the registry page gives me the option to delete the two registries that I've listed since putting Traveler's Joy in (which was the first one I listed - before changing our minds), but I don't get the option to delete Traveler's Joy. Argh. I can "unshow" Traveler's Joy - so it doesn't show up on our regristry page, but it STILL shows up when people search for our site.</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registry-woes-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:54ffaaeb-59e5-4305-9496-cc20cc035af5Post:e52aeec1-fe50-4e78-bfa1-ee13072762d7">Re: Registry Woes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried logging out of the Knot and then logging back in?  Sometimes if you log out of the website it kind of refreshes things.  If that's not the case then you can go under "manage my registries" and you can check which ones are visible.
    Posted by Trinity1971[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks. I've tried both of your ideas to no avail. I'm hoping that the email I sent to The Knot will yield a solution. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registry-woes-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:54ffaaeb-59e5-4305-9496-cc20cc035af5Post:00fcf15a-e71b-4eab-8356-33a6b950997f">Re: Registry Woes</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>1) This isn't going to go over well. Honeymoon registries are pretty universally despised here for a number of reasons I'm sure other's will get into.</strong> 2) I believe there's a button you can use to check which registries you want visible if you go to your site to update it.
    Posted by jessicadall[/QUOTE]

This.  I urge you to read the stick about HR's at the top of this board and reconsider having a HR.  They are extremely rude.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm not touching how rude HRs are, it's been covered. For the technical issue, though, have you tried clearing your cookies? Sometimes things get "stuck" on your view of the page and that can help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Take it as a sign not to do Honeymoon registries. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards