Maryland
Options

bus rental?

So our ceremony and reception are being held in the same place (Mary's Hope) but all of our family are coming from out of town (at least Baltimore and as far as Pittsburgh) so most will more than likely be staying in a local hotel.  The venue itself is a good 20-25 minute drive-- on back roads that no one is familiar with except locals-- from the hotels.  We are going to have a few blocks of rooms at local hotels but want to offer our guests the option of a party bus to get to and from the venue.  Both of our families are drinkers so we thought that would be a safe alternative for everyone.  

Does anyone have suggestions for bus companies that would do this sort of thing?  I don't really want to go the "party" bus route (the kind with the stripper pole in the middle) but we don't want a school bus either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
image 94 Are making the trek South
image 39 Won't be able to make it
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: bus rental?

• Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to do the same thing, where I shuttle my guests from their hotels (Annapolis) to the wedding/reception site (Kent Island).  I've researched about 7 different companies.  I think i'm going to go with Towne Transportation, based on their fleet and proposal to transport 80 ppl. They are based in Annapolis, so the travel to the pick up spot is less - and less chances for them to get lost.

I also researched Zbest, Atlantic, Chariots for Hire, Martins Sedans and 2 others.  See what's close to you and what they offer, based on your needs (# of hours and # of people).

Good luck
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister used school buses. Seriously. Contact the company that runs the local school buses. They will be cheaper than any professional shuttle service you can find. Plus, I've dealt with the St. Mary's county bus people before (a driver hit my car while it was parked outside my house in a private community where she wans't even supposed to be! grrrr) and they are incredibly nice. Seriously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards