Favors

A thought about favors - Christmas Ornament

I have been wondering what on earth to use as a favor. I went to a baby shower over the weekend and "won" some prizes, and ended up carrying home a coffee mug I'll never use, a lotion set that has a non-working pump, rubber duckies (which sadly were my favorite favor of all but kinda useless), a pair of cheapy ceremic booties and a mesh bag with jordan almonds. Yum. Granted, this was a baby shower but what happened next really sparked my creative thoughts. Mabye this is an unoriginal thought but I wanted to share it anyway.

My wedding is Mid-October and we don't have much of a "theme" beyond the colors chosen. We aren't doing "rustic barn" or "birds" or any of the cutesy stuff so I was stumped. After putting up our Christmas tree this weekend my daughter asked if she could put the ceremic booties on the tree from the baby shower. That's when it occured to me...I'm going to do a Christmas Ornament to give away. Obviously this will only work for people who celebrate Christmas (all of our guests do) and my ornament is going to be something that isn't too wedding-ish. I'm going to focus on the ornament being something along the lines of friendship, and we will sign the back of it. (maybe family focused for the people we are related to).

I love this idea because I LOVE adding ornaments to my tree every year, from that year and I love reminiscing about where the ornaments came from, etc. and my guests don't have to be subjected to another candle, bag of candy or other items they will have to figure out what to do with when they get home. This can be packed up and pulled out once a year and hopefully the wedding will be so much fun that it will bring a smile to everyone's face.

Hope this idea helps others too. I'm sure winter brides do this often, but being a Fall Bride I kinda thought it would be a nice twist on the favor idea.

Also going to make wine-charms for each person. Found "2012" on Charmfactory.com for .50 each so that's also something they can "use" (if they drink wine! LOL

April
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A thought about favors - Christmas Ornament

• nboothe86nboothe86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a wonderful ideal. You can buy a set of clear ornaments and put something fallish in side of them to tie in with the time of your wedding.
  • RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea as well. Like you I llove adding new decorations to the Christmas tree. Good idea.
  • NeedFavorsNeedFavors member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!

I put ornaments on a ribbon with my cards and a big star.
    Need Wedding Favor Ideas? http://www.needweddingfavors.com
  • Grits8812Grits8812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_thought-favors-christmas-ornament?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4d6c7fa4-762b-4e4e-a97a-77a285d64842Post:4461d6af-8ba7-4ead-a2bc-f204f18c9eae">Re: A thought about favors - Christmas Ornament</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's a wonderful ideal. You can buy a set of clear ornaments and put something fallish in side of them to tie in with the time of your wedding.
    Posted by nboothe86[/QUOTE]
    I like this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards