July 2012 Weddings
Options

Vote on entrees!

The caterer lets us pick two entrees.  Which two would you vote for?  I have to have them preselected (aka not as options on the RSVP card).

1.  Baby Back Pork Ribs
2.  BBQ Chicken   
3.  New York Strip Steak
4.  Grilled Salmon wth Lemon Dill Caper Aioli
5.  Prime Rib Carving Station with Horseradish and Au Jus
6.  Buffalo Prime Rib Carving Station ($2 more per person)

(I'd do a poll but it only lets you select one.)

Re: Vote on entrees!

• Options
    As I am a vegan, none of the choices look good to me. Will you have a veg option for your non-meateating guests? 
    Follow Me on Pinterest diy-paper-flowers-5
  • Options
    They can provide a vegetarian (or other custom meal) that doesn't have to be one of the entrees.  There are also several sides and salads that go along with the entire meal.

This was a response from one reviewer on WeddingMapper.com
    "The food was incredible! My matron of honor is a vegetarian and they prepared a pasta dish for her at no extra charge."

Not sure how I'd ask if people are vegan or vegetarian?  I did put on my wedding website FAQs if they have any dietary concerns for them to contact us prior.
  • Options
    What do you think your guests would prefer?  Is this a sit-down dinner, or a buffet?

My family is not huge into seafood, so for us it would be the steak and chicken.  I think the ribs would be too messy (unless you're into that!).  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

1 and 2 sound delicious!  Those would be my choices

• Options

My choices would be the BBQ chicken and the New York Strip steak. We're doing one chicken option and one steak option. Our guests aren't into seafood either. I agree the ribs would probably be too messy even though they sound delicious.

Photobucket
  • Options
    1 & 4 or 1 & 2. I love me some BBQ ribs Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Strip Steak and BBQ chicken

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_vote-entrees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:be7b50ea-38eb-4114-a9f4-fb61b285eb07Post:af114621-a767-485e-aa83-06d55558da83">Re: Vote on entrees!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you think your guests would prefer?  Is this a sit-down dinner, or a buffet? My family is not huge into seafood, so for us it would be the steak and chicken.  I think the ribs would be too messy (unless you're into that!).  :)
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

This particular Western menu is buffet style.

They do have a catered menu which can be plated, but everything is priced out individually (apps, salad, soup, entree, dessert) so I thought the buffet was easier to select.
  • Options
      New York Strip Steak
  • Options
    4 & 5 would be my picks :)
  • Options
    i don't eat red meat, so my choice is for BBQ chicken and the Ribs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    1.  Baby Back Pork Ribs
    2.  BBQ Chicken   

I like having different type of meat- one will be white and other one will be dark. Yum, I want some of them now!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would go with the Steak and Salmon but Salmon is not usually a popular fish for many people.All of your options sound really tastey. Could you do a different style of chicken? Chicken is always a good choice,BBQ maybe alittle messy.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I would go with the chicken and steak
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    Personally I love the sound of that salmon! So I'd choose salmon and chicken. However, like 7E said seafood isn't necessarily the most popular choice for everyone. So know you your crowd.. do they like seafood? If you think only less than half do, then go with chicken and steak.

Btw, as for asking people for their dietary needs, you can include that on your RSVP card. When I was designing mine, I saw tons with a space that said something along the lines of "List any dietary needs: ______________" I think you're still in the midst of invitation planning right? So that's something you can look into including on your RSVP card for those who might not make it to your website.
  • Options
    My FI and I both say 3 and 4
  • Options
    Definitely number 3. The other option would be salmon or BBQ chicken, depending on what you think your guests might like. 
    Have you had the chance to do a taste test with this caterer? Which might you want to eat for your wedding dinner? Its so easy to think about guests, but remember youre going to want to eat it too!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd choose 2 & 3. 

I'd actually prefer 1 & 3, but I know a lot of people only eat chicken so I think 2 & 3 would be better as far as pleasing everyone goes. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would go with 2 and 3.
  • Options
    1.  Baby Back Pork Ribs
    2.  BBQ Chicken   
    3.  New York Strip Steak
    6.  Buffalo Prime Rib Carving Station ($2 more per person)

I voted two and three. It's always good to have a chicken dish IMO.

My ONLY issue with one - is it sounds INCREDIBLY messy to me....and people aren't going to want to dig in when they're at something like a wedding - and have a mess on their face, hands, and clothes. :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So my FI would say 1 & 1.  I would say 2 and 6.  I love Buffalo and is so unusual, at least this part of the country!  I would definitely do the chicken and another dish.  I would vote the ribs but I bet they will be messy.

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_vote-entrees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:be7b50ea-38eb-4114-a9f4-fb61b285eb07Post:23db32df-8d21-4787-9940-f7e2155c4d2d">Re: Vote on entrees!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't eat red meat, so my choice is for BBQ chicken and the Ribs.
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

Pork is considered red meat. 

My pick would be BBQ Chicken and strip steak but I might be biased cause that's what we're doing too.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    I would go with 4 and 6. I like the idea of buffalo because it is unique and seems to fit with your theme (as noted by a PP). If you do buffalo, I wouldn't do another red meat. That being said, I personally am not crazy about chicken as an option because you can get that anytime. So, I think salmon and buffalo because they are something different. 
    Hope this helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    "Pork is considered red meat. "

The slogan for pork commercians in the US say "Pork... the other white meat."  That's my only reference!

• Options
    Salmon! That dish sounds so delicious.

That is a weird commercial, as far as I know, pork is red meat. I'd pick one red meat (including the pork), and then either the salmon or the chicken.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_vote-entrees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:be7b50ea-38eb-4114-a9f4-fb61b285eb07Post:bb769ba2-f031-453d-b116-5e96360795ed">Re: Vote on entrees!</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Pork is considered red meat. " The slogan for pork commercians in the US say "Pork... the other white meat."  That's my only reference!
    Posted by ginadog[/QUOTE]

See I thought it was white meat too, but I was confused, bacon and ham.... looks red, pork roast.. white.. so my doctor asked me how much red meat i ate and I told her barely anything.  She asked me if I ate pork and I said yes and she said that's considered RED meat.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_vote-entrees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:be7b50ea-38eb-4114-a9f4-fb61b285eb07Post:bb769ba2-f031-453d-b116-5e96360795ed">Re: Vote on entrees!</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Pork is considered red meat. " The slogan for pork commercians in the US say "Pork... the other white meat."  That's my only reference!
    Posted by ginadog[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have heard that farmers came up with that slogan as a way to get consumers to thinkn of pork as healthier (which white meat is generally associated with) than red meat. It is really semantics though. I also say that I don't eat red meat, but I do eat pork. It's just easier to say that, than to say... I don't eat beef, lamb, goat...etc.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards