Virginia

Need reception venue in Danville, Va area

My wedding is scheduled for October 2012 in Danville, VA. We are getting married at Faith Memorial Baptist, located on highway 58 west towards Martinsville. We are looking for a location to have our reception that can accommodate about 200-250 max. Our budget for the entire wedding is about $5000 so we cant have the venue too expensive!! My vision for the reception is a farm/barn rustic type for our Fall theme. We would like to have it half indoors and half outdoors, for games and tables, etc... especailly indoors so we could revert to indoors incase of rain.....but there is literally no where within a short driving distance that fits into my vision of the reception. =( If you have any ideas please share!!

Thanks for your time!
-Melanie

Re: Need reception venue in Danville, Va area

• You may need to scale back the amount of people that you are inviting to accomodate budget and location. Or drop the barn thing and go with a tent.
  • edited March 2012
    I don't know much about the Danville area, but if you are willing to travel I might know of some places. Also, I noticed you are very close to NC, would you be willing to have your reception across state lines?

Edit: Sorry, I just reread your post. I don't know of any venues in particular within a short driving distance, but if I think of one or come across one in old emails, I definitely post them.
  • I am having my wedding and reception here: Axton Lodge "The Pines". It is just off of 58 in Axton (between martinsville and Danville) and Eva is really great to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Don't have help with a venue, but My husband & I have started doing photography in the Roanoke & Surrounding areas, and is reasonably priced. Check out our website- <a href="http://www.photosbyfarmer.com/" rel="nofollow">www.photosbyfarmer.com</a>.  Really helpful for those on a tight budget. :)
    Jessica Farmer

n Response to <a href="http://richmond.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_need-reception-venue-in-danville-va-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:173e5215-0a3f-4e56-a296-3befc7e0030aPost:7185debb-8429-4572-9787-0f5b3ffc16a1">Need reception venue in Danville, Va area</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is scheduled for October 2012 in Danville, VA. We are getting married at Faith Memorial Baptist, located on highway 58 west towards Martinsville. We are looking for a location to have our reception that can accommodate about 200-250 max. Our budget for the entire wedding is about $5000 so we cant have the venue too expensive!! My vision for the reception is a farm/barn rustic type for our Fall theme. We would like to have it half indoors and half outdoors, for games and tables, etc... especailly indoors so we could revert to indoors incase of rain.....but there is literally no where within a short driving distance that fits into my vision of the reception. =( If you have any ideas please share!! Thanks for your time! -Melanie
    Posted by mfowler4[/QUOTE]
  • The Danville Education and cultural arts center on west main st. in danville,va is really nice.It accomadates up to 250 guest. Maybe you should try it out.Beautiful on the inside and Kim Addis is wonderful to work with.

• I have the perfect place for you it is called  "The Gentry Farm"
    thegentryfarm.com it's in Ringold which is near Danville.  The lady is very helpful and I am considering doing mine there next June. It is very rustic /western and it is about $1800 but includes a lot of extras. Also, I am looking for a barn in NC or VA near Reidsville/Greensboro/Ruffin if anyone has any information please let me know.
  •  I am from NC and looking for a barn theme, could you help me?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_need-reception-venue-in-danville-va-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:173e5215-0a3f-4e56-a296-3befc7e0030aPost:42a74ddd-2307-48f2-b83d-09d21de21e33">Re: Need reception venue in Danville, Va area</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know much about the Danville area, but if you are willing to travel I might know of some places. Also, I noticed you are very close to NC, would you be willing to have your reception across state lines? Edit: Sorry, I just reread your post. I don't know of any venues in particular within a short driving distance, but if I think of one or come across one in old emails, I definitely post them.
    Posted by Dont AskMeAgain[/QUOTE]
  • edited November 2012
    Cloverdale Quarters just east of Danville is a beautiful converted barn/venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards