Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Crazy Gifts

Anybody get anything completely insane for their wedding?

I got a 5lb. gummy bear and a set of cookie cutters shaped like ninjas.

You can't make this stuff up.
Tongue out

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Crazy Gifts

• edited December 2011
    Those cookie cutters sound amazing! I got a weirdo 2ft tall bride doll with hand crocheted dress from my moms friend. I was never into dolls as a kid and as an adult, dolls seriously creep me out. Needless to say, said doll is hiding in the very back of our closet.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very appreciative of everything we got! But yes we got some crazy gifts!

We got a 3 foot lawn ornament statue of Sasquatch.

And a $700...yep...Waterford Crystal lamp. And yes they did buy it brand new for us.
  • Wow, a gummy bear and ninja cookie cutters? Lol! We didn't get anything crazy. We did get a custom made cuckoo clock from Germany from H's brother. Not really crazy, just unusual. 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Bride ang groom Disney vinylmation dolls. I love Disney, but the vinylmation dolls always creeped me out. Still do. And why would someone give that as a wedding gift? Engagement gift I understand; but really?

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Easter "eggs" that you soak in warm water and then they turn into religous themed washclothes.   Neither of us go to church or are believers in any faith. 
  • The weirdest thing we received was a fancy coffee maker thing. It was partially weird because the guest gave it to us at the wedding (In our area, boxed gifts are either given at the shower or shipped, but they aren't brought to the actual wedding) ... but mostly, it was weird because it clearly had already been opened and used beforehand.

The relative who gave it, though, is kind of notorious for being a bit "off".

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Haha, glad I'm not the only one then!

By the way, we have successfully managed to eat both ears of the gummy. I LOVE gummy bears, but for some reason every time I get a little piece I just look at how much gummy is left and it makes me sick! I don't think I can ever rationalize eating 5lbs of gummy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_crazy-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:6e15220a-a8db-42c3-b88e-96a531ecf624Post:732908ec-3af0-49ba-9aad-8abfd3220100">Re: Crazy Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]The weirdest thing we received was a fancy coffee maker thing. It was partially weird because the guest gave it to us at the wedding (In our area, boxed gifts are either given at the shower or shipped, but they aren't brought to the actual wedding) ... but mostly, it was weird because it clearly had already been opened and used beforehand. The relative who gave it, though, is kind of notorious for being a bit "off".
    Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

Oh that's just gross! I'm so sorry! haha
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_crazy-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:6e15220a-a8db-42c3-b88e-96a531ecf624Post:2a64a908-344f-42c5-977d-85c959887c5d">Re: Crazy Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crazy Gifts : Oh that's just gross! I'm so sorry! haha
    Posted by FaerieStoneLove1842[/QUOTE]

Yeah ... it definitely was. When we saw that it had clearly been used before, we washed it a bunch of times, and eventually gave it to Goodwill. I know giving away gifts like that is rude, but no matter how many times we cleaned it, we just couldn't get passed how gross it looked when we first took it out of the box.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• omg we sold those gummie bears when I worked at Urban Outfitters in college...so nasty. Every time I had to move one, my stomach hurt a little bit. I'm all for bite-sized gummies, but those things are so creepy.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOL I asked for Ninja Cookie Cutters for Christmas, I hope I get them they are sooo cool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards