Second Weddings

PSA - jasminebridal

After I bought my wedding gown at DB I felt that it wasnt me, and I went on an internet hunt for the killer gown at the killer price .  I found that several knot ladies hadI used jasminebridal off of ebay, and I ordered a lace dress from them.  Unfortunately, I am one of the unlucky ones...  Although their customer service is great and they communicated well, they just could not deliver.  The dress looked fine in photos, but the dress itself was horribly made.  I am not just refering to bad stitching - that was only part of the problem - but about how the dress fell and fit on me.  My orignal dress was a fit and flare - their version was a poorly made a-line, and the train... well there was suppose to be a sweep train but it was nonexistant.  The good news is that I was given a full refund instantly. 

My advice is,just like you can't judge a book by its cover, you really cannot judge a wedding gown by a photo. 

I am now a bit wiser and definitely in love with my DB dress....

Re: PSA - jasminebridal

• cwcottagecwcottage member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gald you found a dress you are happy with. It's definitely a hit and miss when buying one online. I bought my Pronovias from eBay. It's a real ready made Pronovias. Paid $250 for it NWT. I love it so if the jasmine's dress sucks I will have that as a backup.

Can I ask about the fabrics and lace used in your dress? Were you okay with those or were they horrible?
  • edited December 2011
    Now I will have to ask what ebay seller you used for your Pronovis!  I reallllllllllly wanted my jasmines dress to work out, but there was no way to make it work.  I will have to say that the lace was decent - certainly no less than the lace used on some David's Bridal dresses. However, the fake satin (and yes, I think that is the name that they used) was really awful.  It felt very itchy, and did not fall straight.  For me, this is the dress that got away!  I am wishing you all the best with your dress!  Please let us know how its going!
  • cwcottagecwcottage member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Pronovias Dominic

Michelle Roth Marina

My Pronovias was just a random seller, not an eBay store or anything. There are SO many great deals on dresses on eBay. The thing is you buy them without knowing how they will look on you unless you try them on at a bridal store ahead of time and most of the dresses listed are past seasons and impossible to find in stores so...it's a hit and miss there too.

My Jasmine's dress is organza and lace, no satin so that might be a good thing. Here are pics of both...the Pronovias is called Dominic and the Jasmine's is a Michelle Roth Marina.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards