Maine

Average Cost of a DJ in Southern Maine

I have a friend who is a DJ and have inquired about what he charges for weddings.  I'm still in the budget-figuring out phase since I've been engaged for less than one week.  He told me to tell him what budget I'm trying to work within and he'd see if he could make it work.  I've been trying to figure out what most DJs go for around here, but that information seems difficult to find without contacting them first. 

If anyone can share any local averages, I'd be very appreciative!  I've tried to do a search but only non-New England results come up!

Thanks!
Holly
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Average Cost of a DJ in Southern Maine

• Bunnybride79Bunnybride79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what DJ's go for in Maine, but in Rhode Island/Southern Mass one can expect to pay $800-$1,000. Hope that helps! :)
  • kay0003kay0003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of it costing any where from $400 up to $2,000
  • edited December 2011
    Our DJ is $1150 for 6 hours. I'm getting married in Bethel, but my DJ is from Auburn.
    HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going through Rainbow Productions and paying $850.00 for a six hour reception.
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    I've received price ranges of $800 - $1,600 although have found the average rate per hour to be about $150. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the info.  I sent my friend the amount that our budget is allowing and he said he could work with it.  It's a little less than average, and he's out of the Boston area, which makes me think he's a bit higher than the local average, but he said he could work with my budget.  I was so afraid I'd be sending him an insulting number, but your estimates helped!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Our DJ was M&M entertainment. It was rediculously inexpensive (800) for 6 hours, btu was absoutley amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards