Snarky Brides

Starting to get anxiety?? Wedding is March 10!

I am hoping you ladies can give me some advice.

I've never been a panic attack kind of person, but over the last couple of days, every time I think about having to stand up in front of over 100 people I get really anxious and start to feel ill. I've never been a good public speaker, I used to pretty much start crying in class presentations because I was so nervous! I haven't gotten up in front of more than a few people in a very long time, and I would love some tips on how to feel calmer about the whole thing.

Funny thing is, no one would describe me as shy. I just don't like being the centre of attention in big groups of people!

Re: Starting to get anxiety?? Wedding is March 10!

• Um....I guess at my wedding, I really wasn't aware of any of the people watching.  I don't really have any advice except just to focus on your FI and the officiant!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I was nervous about all the attention being on me at my wedding as well. 
    Honestly, when I started walking down the aisle, it all faded away. All those people are there because they love you. Reminding myself of that helped the jitters fade away.
    J&K is right, focus on your FI, and you'll be fine!
  • I had the same anxiety but everything changes that day. Just focus on your soon to be hubby as you walk up that aisle. I also had my dad talking to me the whole way up. It's really not as bad as you think and I wouldn't let it get to you as much. I know that is easier said then done especially since I felt the same way but trust me, you will be totally fine and everything will go smoothly. Just take a deep breath and focus on the man you are there for and you will be golden ! Good luck and just relax :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • I was so nervous about this too. I wanted to elope just to avoid having everyone looking at me. I ended up actually not noticing anybody as I was walking down the aisle. It isn't at all what you think it will be like in your head. 
  • Oh thank god, at least I'm not the only one! I was starting to think I'm not normal because all I read about it how excited brides are and I'm feeling a little dread!

I'm going to a meditation class next week to try and calm down, hehe Tongue out

I may book in for a massage a few days before the wedding, I've only ever had remedial massage (painful massage), not sure if the relaxation type will work for me?
  • I practially dragged my grandfather down the aisle to get to my husband. I had been nervous, too (I'm definitely a behind the scenes girl) but once you see your future husband waiting for you, it all disappears. I barely remember any of the ceremony, and really don't remember anyone being around except my H and the officiant. Between the time I walked down the aisle and walked into the reception, it was a whirlwind.

My advise is the do some deep breathing, maybe yoga, meditation, exercise, something that will help you mellow out. Remember that everyone who will be there is there because they love you and your FI, and they want to see you happy. Everything will be fine, and then you can party and enjoy the day.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have a fear of failure, for sure, so I think this is part of my issue. Thanks for your posts, I think I was forgetting this:

"Remember that everyone who will be there is there because they love you and your FI, and they want to see you happy".

I can pin point a source of a lot of my stress - Is it possible to uninvite your mother to your wedding?

I sent the invitations out last week and I called her today to find out if she had gotten hers yet and the first thing she says is "they have mistakes on them." You can imagine my stomach dropping and the sense of dread, here I am thinking they've put the wrong time on there or the wrong address... but no (thankfully!)
    "It has 6'o'clock, there isn't meant to be another apostrophe. And for the part where people check if they're attending or not, they've used speech marks - eg { }" Oh and apparently the grey I used is hard to read.

No worries mum, they only cost a mint, I think they're pretty and I put a lot of effort into working with the couple that made them, but apparently that's not what stands out. AAARRRRGGGG!

Maybe I should start boxing.
  • I had a private ceremony so I cant relate.
  • I'm getting close too! But the only thing making me anxiety ish is my dad- he's driving me up the wall!! I actually have panic attacks and I have been ok for the most part. I have a huge family so I am used to being around lots of people. But I'm sure you will be fine. Ignore everyone. It's you and your FI and you select friends standing up there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards