Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Valentine's Day

Hello! I'm from Cleveland and my FI currently lives in Louisville. We'll be in Louisville for Valentine's day weekend, and I was trying to figure out something fun we could do to celebrate. He is new to the area also, so any suggestions (even if they are tourist-y) would be great! Thanks for the help!
~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: Valentine's Day

• Options
    ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  My H is from Cleveland and I was born/raised here.  Louisville is a fun town and there are several things to do here.  We like doing the Bourbon Trail (right outside of Louisville) every once in awhile or heading to a winery (there's Smith and Berry or Hubers nearby).  There's also Glassworks downtown where you can blow your own glass or watch artists do it.  Louisville Stoneware is also fun to take a tour and see how they make the pottery.  If you like to eat, head to Bardstown Road or Westport Village - both pack some good local eats.  The best site to view is www.gotolouisville.com if you want more ideas!  Happy Valentine's Day!
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and happy Valentines Day! There are a couple wineries and breweries around town that are fun to go to. The Louisville Slugger museum always seems to be a hit with our guy friends as well. I think there is also a Star Wars exhibit at the Science Museum or whatever downtown as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to start looking into some of that stuff. I'll be moving down there at the end of this year. So, I'm excited to see what fun things there are to do in the city!
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a great city! I moved here in 2008. We love to go to the parks with our dog.
  • Options
    kaseyjo102kaseyjo102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to eat at the Spaghetti Factory. I know the ville's isn't the only one around, but it's beautiful and amazingly delicious and cheap!! :) Check out what movies are playing at the Palace Theater (if there isn't something big going on that weekend). I love Louisville. It's a beautiful city. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards