Christian Weddings

Would you invite your ex's mother to your wedding?

I have a child from a previous relationship and the paternal grandmother is in my son's life. Out of respect, I let her know that I was getting married. She was very happy for me and wished me the best. She then asked if she was getting invited??? I was taken aback because I was not thinking of inviting her and Iquite surprised that she would want to come to the wedding (especially since I am marrying someone else and not her son!) What would you do?

Re: Would you invite your ex's mother to your wedding?

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to have her there, invite her.  Just because she is still in your son's life isn't really a good reason to invite her unless you want her there.  Do you want her to be there?  How does your FI feel?  Have you talked to him about this?

I don't know what I would do if I was in your situation because I've never been married before.  GL!
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its gonna be different in every situation, but if you and she have a drama free relationship, I don't see a problem.  I am very close with the boyfriend family just before my FI.  I am the ex boyfriends twin niece's godmother and his sister is actually one of my bridesmaids.  They all want to just share part of the day and the ex and I have nothing to do with each other.  For me, how I know these people doesn't mean much anymore.  As long as it doesn't make you or your fiance uncomfortable don't worry about it:-)!

HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

Thanks for your input! When she inquired we had already put together a guest list so she is on the B list in the event of cancellations :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards