July 2013 Weddings
Options

DJ's

I found a DJ that I really like! I requested a quote online and within 15 minutes the guy called me! We talked for awhile and he asked me if I had any questions for him. We are going to meet with him face to face soon and I was wondering what kind of questions you ladies asked a DJ when you were meeting with him. I have looked up some questions, but I want to hear what you ladies have to say! 

I am getting very excited about the wedding!! Last night we sat down to make up a budget!! It's finally coming together <3
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ's

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I didn't ask any questions but that's only because I know the company personally (my bridesmaid whom I've known since childhood is their events coordinator) and have seen their work.
     I do remember though when at first looking through DJ info there was always some "to know questions"...what's their style like? Are they laid back or super aggressive getting the crowd to join? Does he have full control of the playlist/takes requests? Will he stay longer if needed? What happens if equipment fails? Do you get a dj and an mc?? ...uummm...those are the only ones I can think of right now. =)

Hth and congrats on your check!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I didn't have as many questions to ask because he was prepared with answers to so many questions since he has been in the business a long time.  I'll try to think of what he covered..

You can ask:
    What will he wear?
    Does he require a meal?
    When does he arrive and how long does he stay?
    Does he have backup equipment if something has broken?
    Can he get any song you want/need or are you limited to just what he has?
    What does he play?  Does he feel out the crowd?  Is there a progression (like oldies for the older crowd and then moves into newer music later) over the course of the night?
    Can you make a no-play list?
    What exactly is included in the package?  What is the payment schedule?
    Does he make sure the music gets turned down during dinner? Does he gauge the room for sound levels so that the music isn't too loud?
    Does he tape down wires?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards