Nebraska

seeking venue for small (30 -40) wedding & reception

Hello, my name is Erin, and I am new to the forum. I am looking for ideas for a small venue for wedding / reception in Omaha area. (Most of our guests are from out of town.) I love Joslyn Castle, but it's way too expensive. Prefer to bring my own caterer as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Re: seeking venue for small (30 -40) wedding & reception

• edited December 2011
    Did you try any vineyards in the area?  Or if you already have a caterer, ask the caterer for ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bayliss Park Hall in Council Bluffs is a little smaller, I believe.   A lot of churches in the area have reception halls as well that are usually a little better priced.
  • edited December 2011
     what about 1316 Jones? I'm not sure how many ppl are needed to fill the space, though. when is your wedding? what about doing it outside?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what you have set up for food, but Anthony's has a nice room and so does Venice Inn. Apparently one of the HyVee's (or maybe more than one?) has a nice little reception room. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your ideas. We ended up with the Joslyn Castle. A bit more pricey, but we can use any caterer, and it is gorgeous! We won't need much for decorations, although the place begs for lots of fresh flowers. 

1316 Jones would be nice too, but it is exclusively catered by Hap Abraham - they do a great job but we ultimately wanted our own catering options.
  • LatentSmileLatentSmile member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had our wedding at the Joslyn Castle this weekend and rented a ton of white silk flower arrangements for the altar and staircase. Rentals are a LOT less expensive. Just some food for thought. ;) Best of luck!

• edited December 2011
    Where did you rent your silk flowers from?
  • edited December 2011
    If you have not found a location yet, the Doubletree Suites by Hilton is a beautiful, affordable location for a smaller wedding and reception. 
    weddingrl
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards