Military Brides
Options

FRIIIIIDAAAAYYY

What are you guys up to this weekend?

I think it will be a rather long weekend, I am packing up my apartment. and generally trying to keep busy...I have been having a blah week. But, I take comfort in knowing that H is having an okay time... and is very excited about port visits. But having no internet/cable is getting rather old...  But I am not one to sit and wallow in pity....I  am going to try and hang out with one of my good friends this weekend and I am excited!
Photobucket

Re: FRIIIIIDAAAAYYY

• Options
    Going to see Magic Mike tonight! :D

Then I don't know for the rest of the weekend lol
  • Options
    I'm working...and my cousin wanted to see Magic Mike. I think I'll go see it Sunday afternoon even if I have to go alone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    I  really feel SOOO out of the loop with everything. I had no idea what magic mike was... haha. No internet...TV.. and only listen to satellite radio sort of  makes you totally out of the loop.

I am on the fence about seeing it.... I love me some Man candy... but part of me doesn't want to see it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Tonight I'm going shopping for shoe supplies. I'm going to attempt to make my own "blinged out" shoes for the wedding. I've got less than a month to pull it off lol

Tomorrow afternoon I have to go to FI's cousin's graduation party, and then tomorrow night I've got a good friends bachelorette party.

I've heard good things about Magic Mike, and I'm tempted to give into all they hype and go check it out when I have some free time.
  • Options
    I just bought our tickets so we wouldn't get there and it be sold out haha
  • Options
    Tonight we are going to a party for my cousin's girlfriend. It starts at 9:30, and it's an hour away... UGH. I am ONLY going so that I can dress cute for once. Seriously, I need to update my pictures LOLOLOLOL!

Anyway, tomorrow we are going to just chill, maybe actually go see Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Killer this time. Sunday will be breakfast by the airport and shopping until we have to pick up MIL.

In between everything will be a lot of cleaning :)
  • Options
    I'm extremely hungover right now. I am loving being home and on vacation. Screw work haha. Plans for the weekend include 2 parties and a cookout. So so so excited for the cookout at my brothers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_friiiiidaaaayyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7d82f380-c054-433f-9609-7898ed1f49afPost:3d1656c7-c163-4c04-aee5-cb6683f6183b">Re:FRIIIIIDAAAAYYY</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm extremely hungover right now. I am loving being home and on vacation. Screw work haha. Plans for the weekend include 2 parties and a cookout. So so so excited for the cookout at my brothers.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]
    Ouch... hangovers suck! Sorry about that!

Well, I've added more plans to my weekend. My clubs came, so golf tomorrow morning, followed by another food truck & brew fest. My diet is sooo out of the window tomorrow.
  • Options
    I played hookie from work today. I have a crap ton of sick time and since I am leaving in Sept I decided to use a day. I am off to get my hair colored today and then I plan on sitting my butt in the pool with a frozen cocktail for the rest of the weekend.
  • Options
    I just played nine holes at the par 3. holy blazing hot!! So now i'm sitting in front of the fan with an iced coffee! win!! this weekend is some yard/house stuff and thats about it! yay for having no plans!!
  • Options
    We're renting a truck tomorrow morning and driving to my friend's house to pick up a new couch and two bookshelves. Now my books will have a home and we can put our janky-seventies floral-wicker couch by the dumpster. I really am hoping that someone at FI's work has a cookout for the 4th, I'd invite people here but we don't have a ton of outside space or a good grill yet. 

HOLY CRAP IT"S RAINING AT FI'S WORK!!!!!!

Maybe there will be sweet sweet rain tomorrow. Of course, that means a trip to get a tarp so the new couch is okay. I'm cool with that. 
  • Options
    I booked our homecoming photographer and she's doing it for free!! H just left not long ago but I am SO excited for him to get back already! No real plans this weekend yet but tomorrow there's a Filipino festival I am planning on checking out as they will have a ton of yummy food! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_friiiiidaaaayyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7d82f380-c054-433f-9609-7898ed1f49afPost:32cc4132-3487-4b0f-8abb-4d610cf8a653">Re: FRIIIIIDAAAAYYY</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> booked our homecoming photographer and she's doing it for free!!</strong> H just left not long ago but I am SO excited for him to get back already! No real plans this weekend yet but tomorrow there's a Filipino festival I am planning on checking out as they will have a ton of yummy food! 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

I only started hearing about this from a few women.... Is this common? I had never heard of it before
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_friiiiidaaaayyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7d82f380-c054-433f-9609-7898ed1f49afPost:435345b8-97a9-4bdc-bf83-6d4a5a655c58">Re: FRIIIIIDAAAAYYY</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FRIIIIIDAAAAYYY : I only started hearing about this from a few women.... Is this common? I had never heard of it before
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes it is actually. People even do Pre-Deployment and Already Gone sessions. Try looking up photographers on oplove.org or google Welcome The Home. These photographers all do it for free! The one I booked isn't affiliated with them but she was former AD, that's why she does it free too. They're getting booked up FAST though so hurry. </div>
  • Options
    That's such a cute idea Kara! H's deployment got cut short due to being injured and next month he finds out if they'll keep him or separate/retire him :/
  • Options
    Those are cute....

Has anyone here done that? Any picture to share?

I'll have to look into it and ask H what he thinks. I'm trying to get his parents to come, and his dad is a pretty good photog (he took our e-pics) so he may want to do it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Amanda: We have done the predeployment session before through an OpLove photographer. I don't have any pictures right now as I didn't buy the CD of them but I will be getting our collage canvas soon so I can show you that if you want. They turned out beautifully. These are all professional photographers that offer their services for free for the military, the photogs that did us usually cost $300-500 per session actually. For the Predeployment and Already Gone sessions, they make an album of the pictures they take of you and send that to your H whil e he is deployed, so I am actually waiting around for ours too, they said I can send it to H myself and as an added bonus they are even giving each of us a dogtag keychain of our favorite picture. Anyway, it's a great program to look into. Oh and personally, I wouldn't want anybody BUT me there at Homecoming, I just don't want to share my H after not seeing him for so long... My MIL better not try to hug him first!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards