Attire & Accessories Forum

Midnight Blue Tuxedos and Female Opinions

My FI wants a midnight blue tuxedo for the wedding.  I'm really nervous about this, not only because I have never really seen a midnight blue tuxedo, but also because I have read that they are very difficult to find.  My FI and I want to surprise each other on the day of the wedding, so I don't want to go with my FI as he looks for tuxes.  But I want my mom or sister to go shopping with him (his friends and family live abroad) to give a third opinion and make sure his suit matches with everything, from BM dresses to flowers.  My FI really wants to go by himself, and he insists midnight blue suits look awesome and are easy to find.

Have you ever seen midnight blue tuxes?  Are they easy to find?  Look nice?  Do you think I should let my FI go and shop for tuxes by himself?  I know I should be trusting, but it's so hard for me to with so little information available.

Re: Midnight Blue Tuxedos and Female Opinions

• Use bing to image search midnight blue tuxedo and you'll see that the color is so dark it's pretty close to looking black. The only thing I would worry about it potential cost increase since it's not as common, but looks wise it's fine.
  • your fiance has probaly shopped alone before he should be fine, and he should be able to wear whatever he wants
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Unless he's sending his friends shopping with you, you shouldn't send your friends shopping with him.  He's a big boy.

Oh, and Paul Rudd wore a dark blue tuxedo to his wedding in I Love You, Man.  It was pretty much indistinguishable from black.  I agree with you that it may be a bit difficult to track down, but I'm sure he'll figure that out for himself.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I loved the look of the blue tux in "I Love You, Man." I suggested it to my FI and the confused/ugly face he made was priceless! Oh well, to each his own! :)
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, my FI saw I Love You, Man and that's what convinced him.  I have to go rent that movie.  I don't mean to patronize him or anything when I say I would like someone to go with him.  I just want to make sure styles and colors match, because my gown and my BM dresses are very formal.  I don't mind if he got one of his guy friends to go with him, just anyone, because I think it's valuable to have a second opinion.  Maybe you don't see something on yourself whereas others do, or maybe some consultant will push something on you and you'll regret it later.  Unfortunately, my FI's guy friends can't come, so that's why I suggested my sis or mom.  But thanks for your opinions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards