November 2012 Weddings

99 days!! Finally!

November 17th brides!  We finally hit our double digits!!!

We are starting to send out invites.  We have amost half sent out.  Any that are mailable got sent a couple of nights ago.  Bridal party for the most part have theirs, and we are working on hand delivering close family.  Friends and co-workers, family friends, etc, we'll give out over the next few weeks. 

Meeting with our decorator next week to choose what we want. 

Found a program template online so I was tickled with that.  Just printed off a test page and it is idiot proof...excellent!  I was going to pick up several boxes of programs from Michaels' and DIY but I was told the kind I was looking at are awful to work with and that option would actually be more expensive than making a booklet with carstock.  Go figure. 

Wow, double digits!
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
My BFP Chart
|| Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013

Re: 99 days!! Finally!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_99-days-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:d2ba3782-6403-4d58-885a-86cd15065e93Post:9e74dc1f-fd53-4b69-8269-303d1a271886">99 days!! Finally!</a>:
    [QUOTE]November 17th brides!  We finally hit our double digits!!! We are starting to send out invites.  We have amost half sent out.  Any that are mailable got sent a couple of nights ago.  Bridal party for the most part have theirs, and we are working on hand delivering close family.  Friends and co-workers, family friends, etc, we'll give out over the next few weeks.  Meeting with our decorator next week to choose what we want. <strong> Found a program template online so I was tickled with that.</strong>  Just printed off a test page and it is idiot proof...excellent!  I was going to pick up several boxes of programs from Michaels' and DIY but I was told the kind I was looking at are awful to work with and that option would actually be more expensive than making a booklet with carstock.  Go figure.  Wow, double digits!
    Posted by Miss_2010[/QUOTE]

Wow, you sound so organized! Any chance you could post a link to the idiot proof program template you found, for those of us who haven't gotten there yet?? Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lol, no problem.  Not that I am doing the programs yet...but in preparation for frustration in October...I'd like to have everything planned out before then. 

http://www.greatpapers.com/printing_tips/templates

Go there, scrool down to "bulletins" and scroll to the right, I used the one that says "ivory swirl gatefold".  That one is a typical "church booklet" style that you fold in half.  Fill it in with your info, it'll print off on 2 pages.  Then on a photocopier (or home printer) do a 2 sided print/photocopy, fold in half, done.  So I'll be doing brown cardstock, ribbon, etc for the outside and putting that folded program on the inside. 

My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, invites out already!?!  I'm a 11/17 bride but plan to send ours out 9/10.  RSVP date is 11/2 for us since we don't have to give out numbers to the caterer till a week before. 

Not much left for us to do at all, we got a ton done this summer.  I can't wait to get my dress fitted on 9/8 and meet with the venue for final details on 9/15.  Time is going to fly :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_99-days-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:d2ba3782-6403-4d58-885a-86cd15065e93Post:8f173ede-6f88-435b-810e-780b8acb629b">Re: 99 days!! Finally!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, invites out already!?!  I'm a 11/17 bride but plan to send ours out 9/10.  RSVP date is 11/2 for us since we don't have to give out numbers to the caterer till a week before.  Not much left for us to do at all, we got a ton done this summer.  I can't wait to get my dress fitted on 9/8 and meet with the venue for final details on 9/15.  Time is going to fly :) 
    Posted by lacey3eb[/QUOTE]

Yeah , followed the knot guidelines, it said 3 months.  Its going to take us about a month to hand deliver them.  The ones that had to be mailed we finished mailing today.
    My BFP Chart
  • Sending our invites on Monday!  Can't wait to start getting responses.

I'm pretty much set with just these tasks left:

- finalize programs and print
    - upload playlist for reception
    - finalize list of songs for ceremony and give to violinist
    - stuff favors

Everything else is DONE!  I'm so glad I did everything this summer and get to relax over the next few months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards