Chit Chat

Why can't people be honest... (Venting)

I have posted several posts about the drama's with one of my bridesmaids... But this time it's about a different one... I don't know what the heck is going on...

I asked a friend of mine to be my bridesmaid back in January,  and after thinking about it for a few days she accepted.  We aren't exactly close friends, so I wouldn't have been surprised had she declined... In fact I was actually surprised she accepted.  She has been great the whole time, showed to the original fitting and chose a dress that looked beautiful on her.  Over the last 4 months we have gotten closer, and I thought we had a good friendship.  She has been through a few break ups in the last 8 months, and I have tried being there for her as much as she would let me. 

So last week I sent out an email just to check in with everyone in the bridal party to make sure they didn't have any questions or concerns.  I made sure I included the information for the groomsmen tux and the bridesmaids dresses.  I also mentioned that if the girls could get their dresses by the start of June that would be best.  The dresses take 10-12 to come in, and that would still leave plenty of time to get alterations.   I also mentioned that if there was any problems with them being able to do this, to please let me know ASAP.  Well this bridesmaid is the only one who hasn't ordered her dress yet, and has been telling me for the last 2 months she would get it by today. 

I had originally planed to go with her, but forgot I had an appointment (I had let her know before hand).  When I came into work today and saw her I asked if she had made it into the store.  She never even looked at me, just shook her head no, and said I need to talk to you about that.  We worked together for 7 hours today, and she never talked to me.... about anything.... So when she was suppose to be getting off work, I went to talk to her, and she was already gone.  She left 15 minutes early. 

I don't know if she's acting like this because she can't afford the dress, or because she has changed her mind about being in the wedding or what... It's just really frustrating, and I don't understand why she hasn't told me what's going on. 

Anniversary

Re: Why can't people be honest... (Venting)

• She is a grown woman you don't need to check up on her. So what if she orders the dress a little late as long as she has it the day of I don't see a problem. My suggestion don't bother her about it for awhile. She knows when your wedding is and how long the dresses take to come in. She has her own life that doesn't revolve around your wedding. I really think you are over-reacting about this.

• Previous post was an interesting point of view.

Today's situation sounds a bit odd so I think the easiest thing to do would be to call her and ask her what's up. She probably has some personal issues going on (financial, the bf thing or whatever) so she needs to tell you what that thing was she wanted to talk about.

Don't stress it. Just play it cool. Be nice and understanding and in the end you'll know what the deal is. Good luck.
  • try talking to her as a friend, and forget the wedding. she might have something going on in her life that is the problem. not everything has to be about you and the wedding. 
  • I would shoot her a quick call just to check in ABOUT HER!  I agree with PP's that she may have a personal problem going on right now and all you have been asking her about is when she is getting her dress, which makes it hard for her to talk 2 u about her issues!

You say that you weren't close but she has been great these past few months and totally there, so what changed? Nothing? Then you should think and be concerned about her. Not your wedding.  Be at least as good a friend to her as she has been to you!!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • she might be pregnant...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_cant-people-honest-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:39ae42a7-8cf0-4d8f-9078-8581065a2c3ePost:6b8ae806-2711-48f8-b42c-21db404dc0eb">Re: Why can't people be honest... (Venting)</a>:
    [QUOTE]she might be pregnant...
    Posted by tesskerr[/QUOTE]
    random.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards