Michigan-Lansing
Options

Vendor Reviews!

Our wedding was this past weekend and we had a blast!  All of our vendors did a great job so I wanted to share with everyone.  I know that when I first started planning I booked most of these vendors based on other brides' recommendations. Venue: Grand Ledge Opera House: A+: The staff at the Opera House was great.  All the tables and chairs were setup when we arrived Saturday morning.  They moved around tables and chairs, changed the lighting, and basically did anything we asked of them.  They let us provide our own bar which saved us a ton of money.  We got a lot of compliments on what a cool space it was.   Officiant: Sister Kya Rose: A+: We randomly came across Kya on the internet.  We wanted a non-religious ceremony and she gave us exactly what we wanted.  We re-wrote the ceremony several times because we kept changing our minds and Kya was very accommodating.  She ran our rehearsal so everyone knew exactly what to do during the ceremony.  She was an absolute delight to work with and very professional!   DJ: Jump Start DJs: A+:  Sean Newman was our DJ and he did a fantastic job!  We were a little nervous because he is a young college student and we wanted mostly music from the 60s and 70s.  It turned out that we had nothing to worry about.  He played everything we asked him to and stayed away from the do-not-play list.  He played the music for the ceremony perfectly.  The dance floor was packed all night.  We had to turn on the lights and throw people off the dance floor at the end of the night.  Chris Delgado is the owner and he is great to work with.  He was very professional and easy to get a hold of.   Caterer: Adeline Leigh: A+: This company is based near Grand Rapids, but they delivered to Grand Ledge with no extra charge.  The price was unbeatable by anyone else in the area.  The food was amazing!! So many people told us that it was the best wedding food they have ever had.  We had a buffet and they brought PLENTY of food!  At the end of the night they packed up all the leftovers and gave them to us.  We have about 100 lbs of food in our freezer right now!  Anne is the event coordinator and she is great to work with; very professional and easy to get a hold of.   Decorator: Sebesta Design: A+:  Thank god for Corinne Sebesta Sisti!  She took care of the table linens, the centerpieces, the decorations, everything!  Everything was beautiful and we got TONS of compliments.  She came early in the day and set all the tables up and came back at the end of the night and cleaned it all up.  When we first met, I had no idea at all what I wanted and she helped us pick out flowers and decorations that we loved!  She took away a lot of our stresses!!  Corinne is fantastic to work with.  She is very professional, easy to get a hold of, and a decorating genius!  She is by far our favorite wedding vendor!   Photography: Erica Spencer Photography: A-: Erica has her own photography business and she takes amazing photos!  She is difficult to get a hold of and could use a business manager to streamline things.  However, she is really great to work with during the photos.  She sees everything in her mind and poses everyone the way she wants, which is great.  Her and her co-photographer, Melanie Meyer, took a ton of photo journalism type shots throughout the night.  I can’t wait to see the pictures!   Dress: The Wedding Bell in Okemos: A+: This is the only shop in town that sells Pronovias gowns.  I didn’t know that was what I wanted until I tried a few on.  Everyone in the shop is super helpful and they always remembered me when I came in for fittings.  The initial dress shopping experience was great; no one was pushy but everyone was helpful.    Hilda, the seamstress, did a great job fitting the dress to my body.  They don’t have the largest selection of gowns, but I think they have the best.   Tuxes: Baryames Tuxedo: A+: We won half off all tuxes at a bridal show.  We ended up picking out some very expensive tuxes that cost the groomsmen the same amount as a standard tux.  They guys looked fantastic!!  We had a high-school-age guy helping us, but he did a great job.  They were very accommodating when the ring bearers tuxes didn’t quite fit.  Everything turned out great!   Hair and Makeup: All Tressed Up: A-: We had three stylists come to us to do hair and makeup for six girls.  They brought lunch with them which was great.  The whole thing was very convenient.  I think the quality could have been a little better at a salon, but really, my hair and makeup looked great!

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ouch, that's painful to read, sorry!
  • Options
    nbeas89nbeas89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind me asking a little more about your hair and makeup experience? I'm sort of curious what you meant by the quality could have been a little better? The only reason I ask is because I'm a little iffy about having someone come to me to do my hair and makeup. I think I'm just being paranoid though. I appreciate any details you would like to share with me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty useless when it comes to doing hair and makeup.  I can make it look decent on a day-to-day basis, but certainly didn't trust myself for the wedding.  All Tressed Up did a great job on my hair and makeup!  With that said, I think I could have gotten a better quality at a higher-end salon (NOT douglas J type).  Having the stylist come to us was perfect.  Going to a salon would have added a lot of chaos to the morning.  It all depends what you're looking for.  If you are really into hair and makeup and are super picky, I would suggest a nice salon.  If you're like me, this worked out great.  Shoot me an email if you want some more specific info:  geneva dot vanlerberg at gmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.heatherfulton.com

Check it out Great Hair on location or in the salon !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards