New York-Western

Rich's Atrium

Has anyone had there wedding here? Any comments? What hotel did they use, was there a shuttle?
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: Rich's Atrium

• edited December 2011
    I have not been to a wedding here.  But, I went to a bridal shower.  It is very pretty, however, the food wasn't that great.  It might be better for dinner but I would make sure you know exactly what you are getting.  It is gorgeous inside though.
  • cutypy0516cutypy0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there.  I loved it!!!  Most of our family was in town or staying with in-town relatives, so we didn't do a hotel block.  My bridesmaids and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites off Chipewa and Main.  The limo picked us up and my parents shuttled my husband and I back after the wedding.

I used table number hurricanes as centerpieces since the candlelight was the perfect ambiance in there.  They have the waterfalls going full blast during the cocktail hour.  Just remember to have them turned to low before the speeches, because they can be over-powering.  There is so much room in there, it makes the cocktail hour easy to walk around.  They put up cocktail tables, so people are encourage not to just go back to their seats.  I tried to utilize most of the room by also having a photobooth.  It was on the wall opposite where the hors d'ouvres were.  It allowed a good flow of people around the entire room.  They were also able to walk over the bridges, and see my cake show-cased in the gazebo (side-note: your cake needs to be tall as to not look under-scaled in the gazebo.  I had 4-tiers separated by columns to give height).  I couldn't imagine my wedding anywhere else!
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take you breath away. - Anon
  • akasper16akasper16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard the food was great.  We looked there.  I did't like how they have to disassemble the head table for dancing.  Theres also a random airplane hanging in one of the corners and one of the walls has rainbow carpeting on it.  Besides that it was nice.
  • cutypy0516cutypy0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The airplane was one of the reasons I loved that place.  It had so much character..  And as far as disesembling the head table for the dance floor, I never saw them do it.  I must have gotten up for a drink, and by the time I got back, it was gone.  Everything went very smoothly.
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take you breath away. - Anon
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is going to be there. Give them a call they are so helpful and wonderful. Everyhing that i have seen a tasted so far has been amazing. And the cake is included in all of the packages. I work in a bakery and I got to design the cake. They have been amazing. Everyone i have talked to loved it there. It is so beautiful inside, Its nice becasue u get the hall all day so if it rains we can do are pictures there last min if we need to. I def. reccomend u call and check it out
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception there and Jim has been great so far. Just wanted to jump in and say that the airplane is there because the building was originally an airplane factory so thats a nod to its history.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards