Snarky Brides

Lunch and a Question...

Ok this is usually J&K's forte, but since it's dead here I'll give it a shot.

My lunch today was Asiago Tortellini Lean Cuisine, Apple and PB and a couple chips.

So, in the paper today there is a lawyer trying to stop the execution of his client because he is too fat. He has been on death row since 1985, for killing a woman.

I think this is BS and I'm really tired of paying for people to sit on death row and get fat (his weight yo-yo's) and at one time he lost 150lbs, he is now over 400. He has asked for GB surgery but been denied, thank god. Why is this man still there after 30 years? This is my question.

There are people starving in the world, but he gets 3 squares and a cot.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Lunch and a Question...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:65f06036-6715-4959-823f-4774588e89c1Post:c510cf4b-d16a-45ca-8112-047d0531f392">Re: Lunch and a Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had taco tuesday.   I don't think being obese is any reason for a stay of execution.  He murdered someone, was found guilty, and sentenced to death.  The end.  So what if someone was anorexic?  Should they get a pass, too?  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

But JCB, its cruel and inhumane and could cause a lot of physical and psychological pain. Unlike what he did to his victim. I just wonder why he's still sitting there after all these years.

I'm all for making sure who you have on death row is "your man", but once you've verified that, why are waiting?
  • Why does he get enough food to be obese?
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:65f06036-6715-4959-823f-4774588e89c1Post:c510cf4b-d16a-45ca-8112-047d0531f392">Re: Lunch and a Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had taco tuesday.   <strong>I don't think being obese is any reason for a stay of execution.  He murdered someone, was found guilty, and sentenced to death.  The end.</strong>  So what if someone was anorexic?  Should they get a pass, too?  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>I completely agree with this. You did the crime, you should be punished. I probably see it too black and white though. I'm the same way about welfare. If you can afford to buy drugs, cigarettes, iphones, etc., why are you on welfare?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:65f06036-6715-4959-823f-4774588e89c1Post:cce20bcc-0067-4069-b777-8e8035c399ee">Re: Lunch and a Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why does he get enough food to be obese?
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too. It was my understanding that everyone in prison eats the same food (baring allergies, being severly, diabetic, etc). How is he eating enough to get up to 400 lbs?
    Anniversary
  • Oh, and I don't know what's for lunch yet. Whatever MIL is making. She's a good cook,  so it should be yummy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:65f06036-6715-4959-823f-4774588e89c1Post:cce20bcc-0067-4069-b777-8e8035c399ee">Re: Lunch and a Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why does he get enough food to be obese?
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>That's my same thought.</div><div>
    </div><div>Anyways, I had a lean cuisine thing for lunch, a handful of almonds and a half moon cookie. The cookie was because I've been bribing our office manager with bringing him cookies for weeks and finally actually brought him some. Then I couldn't fight the urge for a fresh made bakery cookie. I don't mess around with my delicious baked goods. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Was he fat when he killed her?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:65f06036-6715-4959-823f-4774588e89c1Post:b49c4334-1587-45cc-8da3-570d15537ed9">Re: Lunch and a Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was he fat when he killed her?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure Blue, I'll have to look at the artcle again. The victims family says enough is enough already.
  • Ok, I know for some this is a really UO but reading that USA Today article I have to say, "So effin what?".  He raped and killed two university students - I really don't care if it's tough for them to find his veins for the injection. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:65f06036-6715-4959-823f-4774588e89c1Post:67277a5d-645e-4080-8168-99a3764f8ad4">Re: Lunch and a Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I know for some this is a really UO but reading that USA Today article I have to say, "So effin what?".  He raped and killed two university students - I<strong> really don't care if it's tough for them to find his veins for the injection. 
    </strong>Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I bet if they stab him repeatedly they'll hit something!
  • Lunch was my favorite restaurant salad, with tempura chicken and avocado, and chipotle ranch dressing.  With my friend of 24 years who I don't get to see very often because she doesn't work here anymore.

Anyway - BS he's too fat to execute.  Too bad he might have a little discomfort while they try to find the vein in his monstronsly flabby arm.  I personally think they should use the same method to kill him that he used on his victims.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Shoot him in the arse with a rhino tranquilizer then inject in the jugular. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:65f06036-6715-4959-823f-4774588e89c1Post:31185209-cd7d-426c-a8b9-92f744efba8a">Re: Lunch and a Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lunch and a Question... : I'm curious about this too. It was my understanding that everyone in prison eats the same food (baring allergies, being severly, diabetic, etc). How is he eating enough to get up to 400 lbs?
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

When I was previously married, my BIL at the time gained quite a bit of weight while he was incarcerated. Part of that was the fact he WAS eating - he had a drug problem previously and was unhealthily thin. Eating 'normally' on such a whacked out metabolism resulted in weight gain. Inmates can also use money (from their 'jobs', or from money that family members put on their books) towards things like shampoo, combs - and candy.

I heard my team discussing this news feed earlier. All I can do is shake my head.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • My dress is from White House Black  cheap bridal wedding dress Market! I orded it online , on sale for 60$ plus shipping! Sweet deal!!!!! I added pops of turqouise blue color with my shoes, bracelet/ watch(found a very fancy  cheap bridal wedding dresses turqouise watch. looks like a bracelet though!) and earrings! Fun outfit, I really felt cute! Although my face looks weird in this pic.. haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards