North Carolina

NWR: Is this weird...

The board's a little slow and I was sitting here thinking about this, so I might as well share it ;-)  My BIL is 27 yrs old, been married for 4 years and has a one year old son. He is very immature and very... in touch with his feelings or something. (if he wasn't married I would have immediately pinned him as playing for the other team! heh heh). Anyway, so we had a b-day party for DH over the weekend and BIL shows up w/ DH's and his parents. BIL's wife is out of town with the baby. So later I find out that BIL is staying with his parents for the week (we all live in the CLT area) because he is "scared to be by himself." He doesn't live in a bad part of town, they rent in the Southpark area, which is an upscale area. He is simply scared to be alone. DH says he has done this before when he wife went out of town. My in-laws live all the way up in northern Cabarrus county, BIL works and lives all the way down in the Southpark area, so now he's got this 45 min - 1 hour one way commute b/c he's staying with the IL's... I told DH that if I were his mother, I would have told BIL that no, you can't stay with us, you're a grown man and you will be just fine. Tough love..!!! I told DH that I would seriously be embarrassed if he did that if I went out of town!!!! It's totally none of my biz, I just thought this was super weird.

Re: NWR: Is this weird...

• JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is so strange....
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is strange.  Is this BIL the youngest child?
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, he's the youngest and has always been babied by his mom, so i guess that has a lot to do with it
  • edited December 2011
    very odd....(shaking my head)
  • edited December 2011
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so shamefully bad....Tongue out
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    WTH? What does SIL say about this? I'd have a few issues with my husband going to stay with his mommy while I travel. This is just bizarre!
  • edited December 2011
    Bec, I am dying to know what she thinks about it. We aren't that close, otherwise I'd totally ask her. LOL. DH and his brother are complete opposites, Im glad he would never do that.
  • edited December 2011
    Really? I really wanna know what his wife thinks about this... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP...completely weird!
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Totally super strange!! I can only imagine the look I would give DH if he told me that he was staying with his parents while I was out of town! I can understand going over there for dinner a couple of times if he didn't know how to cook for himself, but that is just soooo weird.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_nwr-this-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:5a1ff3c1-6a0d-414f-a6aa-743c77acb0dbPost:2ad8c2a7-ae3b-4b23-8ea2-6dfc049ceb90">Re: NWR: Is this weird...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Totally super strange!! I can only imagine the look I would give DH if he told me that he was staying with his parents while I was out of town!  Posted by dontworrylover[/QUOTE]

Ditto this...

All of this really made me start to think, what happened to him as a child to make him this way?!  That's where people seem to think it all stems from!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards