Honeymoon Discussions

Celebrity Mediterranean Cruise Help Please!

Hi everyone!

I am taking a Celebrity Mediterranean Cruise for my honeymoon in September and I was wondering if anyone else here has taken one?  I am looking for advice on the many excursion options.  TIA!
Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Celebrity Mediterranean Cruise Help Please!

• I haven't taken one, but we almost booked one for our HM last May (to Greece).  Instead we opted to wait until winter, and we're scheduled to take the Celebrity Equinox on a 10-night Caribbean cruise at the end of March.  I'm very excited as I've heard such great things about Celebrity.
  • What ports are you visiting?  I took a transatlantic cruise on celebrity in 2008.  It may have gone to some of the same ports first.
  • Sorry for the delay in responding but I was out for the day :)

Anyways... we are leaving out of Barcelona then going to Nice, Genoa, Florence, Rome, Capri and back to Barcelona.  
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Unfortunately, I can not help too much.  My celebrity cruise left out of barcelona, and i have been to rome and florence, but not on cruises.

It really depends on how many hours you are in port.  I loved all three cities that I have visited.  I will see if I can look up the Celebrity excursions
  • edited March 2010
    Are you getting into Barcelona early?  I would just do a hop-on hop-off bus.  I would definately visit all of the Gaudi sites as well as the cathedral in barri gothic.  If I had extra time (which I didn't) I wouldhave gone up to monserrat and montjuic.

If I were doing one of Celebrity's excursions and had never been to Rome I would choose either:
    Exclusive, Best of Rome
    Discover Renaissance Rome

The port is about 90 minutes from Rome, I think, so an excursion here is important.

If I had never been to Florence I would choose
    Exclusive Pisa & Florence or Explore Florence & Pisa On Your Own

I did not look at the prices for the excursions though, so that may play an important role in your choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards