Wedding Etiquette Forum

*msmerymac*

I'm sorry for leaving you hanging at the end of my last post.  I didn't see that you had posted.  Everyone has been so friendly, and I don't know the etiquette for following up with people.

Did you go to Buff Sem or Nardin (or neither)?  I work on the west side between Cleveland and Auburn.  It's always nice to talk to another Buffalonian.  East Aurora is soooo beautiful.

Thanks again to everyone for being so nice, welcoming and friendly.  I added an avatar pic and will add a signature pic soon.  And I'm sorry if this wasn't the proper way to follow-up from my post. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: *msmerymac*

• buffalove!  I'm from Buffalo, too.  Are you getting married here?
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Huh, well I'll be darned.

Hi, there. I must have missed the post where everyone was nice, but nice to see you!

I'm fishy. Pleased to make your acquaintance.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Yes!  I have an appointment at the Ani DiFranco church on Thursday.  We haven't set a date or anything yet (but the knot made me make one up).  Are you?  I see that you are getting married in like a month - good luck!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, I'm getting married here in 33 days.  I'm freaking out!  We're not doing anything in the city, our reception is at the Millennium hotel next to The Galleria.
    imageimage
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Fishy - you are my knot idol.  I lurked for a long time before finally posting and I always love your responses.  

That sounds creepy.  I promise I'm not.  If you don't want to see me anymore then just don't look out your window.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hahaha, I lurked here for a good six months to a year before posting, Fishy always intimidated me.  Not sure why.  Why would that be Fishy?

imageimage
  • crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2009
    Because I'm a cold hearted biitch?

NO IM NOT. I'm super nice. Sooooooooper nice. ;)

As long as you aren't a fucking moron, that is.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I don't consider myself a fucking moron.  But then, no one ever thinks they are.
    imageimage
  • That, my friend, is an excellent point you bring up.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Fishy is the reason I came out of lurkdom.  Well, Fishy and the great flood of '09, of course ;)
  • Why thank you, friend.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2009
    Oh please Fishy, I'm nice! (She used to intimidate me too, Panda.)

And yes, I went to Nardin! Class of 2000. *Gulp* I'll be back in town this spring for a reunion. My parents live in Northern NY now (near Watertown), so I get to show FI around Buffalo for the first time. I haven't even been back in about 4 years. (I fly into Syracuse when I visit the 'rents.) My plan is to stay at the Roycroft in East Aurora. Then I can walk him down Main St. and let him be overwhelmed by how cute it is.

The rest of my plans involve food. I'm a vegetarian now, and the only thing about that which makes me really sad is not being able to eat a lot of awesome stuff in Buffalo. So basically, we'll be going to Anderson's and Ted's and I'll tell FI what he should eat. Thankfully I can eat a lot at Mighty Taco, LaNova's and Tim Horton's.

The Ani DiFranco church looks gorgeous!

I'm getting married in LA because it's 100x easier to plan a wedding in the place you live (I think) and because my dad has 40 first cousins, almost all who live in Buffalo. There's no way I want to have 300+ people at my wedding. Scratch that - I don't want to PAY to have that many people at my wedding!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • J&K. My life was complete without you.

Well...THAT and your sandbags. But that's a different story. I'm busy making fun of Grinchy Whit on FB right now.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh for fucksake! I'm a teddy bear!

Sorta?

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_msmerymac-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a379f826-3038-413b-bf6d-4f03afc62b7dPost:86cf4c7a-e667-4161-8933-6fdd01646ce7">Re: *msmerymac*</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K. My life was complete without you. Well...THAT and your sandbags. But that's a different story. I'm busy making fun of Grinchy Whit on FB right now.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Do you mean "wasn't" complete without me? 

Fishy is also the reason I quit grad school to pursue...well...better grad school. 

Oh, and one more thing?  She's also getting her butt whooped in fantasy football. 
  • J&K - Great flood of '09??

msmery - I can't imagine being a vegetarian around here.  I love Ted's and Duff's too much.  
    imageimage
  • The Millenium Hotel will be gorgeous!

Fishy, the other ladies promised me a poem from you.  Here is the link to my last post:  http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_may-ask-newbie-question-long

Msmerymac - I am a vegetarian too.  Too many chicken wings I guess.  The bean burrito at Mighty is the greatest thing on earth.  Except for the veggie supreme at Elmwood Taco.  I just had my 10 year reunion on Friday.  It was pretty fun.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_msmerymac-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a379f826-3038-413b-bf6d-4f03afc62b7dPost:0d264633-a2ce-436e-a2e3-a96ca8226670">Re: *msmerymac*</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - Great flood of '09??
    Posted by pandasquishy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in Fargo/ND/Winnipeg/surrounding areas.  Fishy lived in Fargo, I lived in GF, and we bonded over our "love" of sandbagging. 
  • The Millennium is awesome.  Their packages are fantastic and so is the staff.  It's the only vendor other than the florist that I'm actually happy with.

Also, I hate Mighty.  There I said it.  I much prefer Taco Bell.  
    imageimage
  • YES THE FLOOD OF 09 where my whole city just about got swallowed whole by one biitch of a fucking river.

AND YES WASNT. Ugh. Stupid happy hour.

And it's rare I miss a poem request. Damn it.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I used to work at Mighty and the beans always seemed weird to me. I had never tried refried beans before. Now I love 'em, and I have to admit Mighty has some good beans.

For our reunion, they get a bunch of local (Elmwood) restaurants to set up food booths in the Nardin gym. I'm excited. I know they at least get Elmwood Taco and Subs and Jim's Steakout. There's more, I just don't remember.

Panda - last time I went to Buffalo, I had french fries at Duff's and just dipped them in hot sauce. It was kind of sad. Don't get me started on Charlie the Butcher. It was my grandma's favorite roast beef place. I'm thinking I won't find anything to eat there. But at least I know Ted's has the most amazing onion rings ever.

(For any non-Buffalonians reading this - Yes, conversations about Buffalo always devolve to food, football and hockey.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Ok, I thought you meant "wasn't" but then I was like wait, maybe she's being mean because she's sad she's gonna get her butt kicked in Fantasy Football.  So I thought I'd double check ;)
  • Oh my god yeah. Fantasy football is NOT my friend this week. I'm winning two games and losing two games. NOT GOOD.

The Margarita Evolution
  • That sounds like an awesome reunion!  I don't even think my HS does reunions.  Also, Duff's fries dipped in hot sauce are just as awesome as their wings IMO.

And speaking of football, how about that kick ass win on Sunday!  I decided not to switch teams after all.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_msmerymac-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a379f826-3038-413b-bf6d-4f03afc62b7dPost:3826639d-41e8-44bf-9b10-9afdfc98782e">*msmerymac*</a>:
    [QUOTE] And I'm sorry if this wasn't the proper way to follow-up from my post. 
    Posted by buffalove716[/QUOTE]

Oh it totally is. And even with the "private message" feature we have now, I still love getting paged on the board. I always do a double take and think "Someone wants to talk to ME?!"

And see, if you hadn't paged me, you wouldn't have known Panda was from Buffalo, too!

There are a few other people here from WNY. Betrothed is from the Rochester area and BrooklynPaisley's mom's family is from the Canandaigua area, I believe.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_msmerymac-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a379f826-3038-413b-bf6d-4f03afc62b7dPost:ca68ea3a-6469-414a-8266-edf6eea1ef66">Re: *msmerymac*</a>:
    [QUOTE]And speaking of football, how about that kick ass win on Sunday!  I decided not to switch teams after all.

I know! FI's team is on tonight (stupid Patriots fan) and I kind of hope they lose so I get the upperhand in football for once!

Also I have tickets to see the Sabres play the Kings in LA in January and I am unnaturally excited about it. I used to go to at least 5 games a year when I lived in Buffalo. I still have an old Hasek jersey I'll be wearing with the original blue and gold logo.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Oh that's pretty awesome.  I used to go to school with a girl who lived next door or across the street from Hasek.  It was a huge deal when we were in middle school, lol.
    imageimage
  • That is still a huge deal.  I parked next to Ryan Miller at Wegman's once.  It was a big deal to me.  I called everyone I know.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <3  Wegmans <3<3<3
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_msmerymac-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a379f826-3038-413b-bf6d-4f03afc62b7dPost:66c505dd-ac3a-4397-b9e5-085bef0bb6e8">Re: *msmerymac*</a>:
    [QUOTE]<3  Wegmans <3 <3 <3

<div>Ditto!</div>
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards