Oregon

A tailor you trust :D

I want to take in a wedding dress about 2 sizes. Do you know of any tailors in the beaverton/hillsboro/portland area who you would trust to do such a task?

Re: A tailor you trust :D

• kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do.  Her name is Kathy Hayes.  She's based out of Salem, but she would come up to Portland.  PM me and I'll give you her number.

She's done a ton of work for me.  Made clothing, drapes and more.  She's doing my dress alterations and making me my veil, garter and bolero jacket.
  • edited December 2011

I just used Tatyana here in Portland.  The woman does the alterations out of her house and I am happy with my dress.  I had only minor chages, just to take in the sides a little bit and add the bussle, but it turned out great.

Tatyana's Wedding Alterations

13405 Southeast Main Court
    Portland, OR 97233-1911
    (503) 258-0170
  • ZuulariZuulari member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much does she charge?
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathi Agen is the go-to bridal seamstress around here.  My only wedding regret is that I didn't have Kathi alter my dress.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_tailor-trust-d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:d3c2ccb2-eb99-4e0a-9b47-7bd1a7977ebdPost:2fc21127-1ec7-4535-8dfd-be114c1d8acf">Re: A tailor you trust :D</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kathi Agen is the go-to bridal seamstress around here.  My only wedding regret is that I didn't have Kathi alter my dress.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

<div>Kathi is amazing - the dress was 1000x better when she was done with it.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_tailor-trust-d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:d3c2ccb2-eb99-4e0a-9b47-7bd1a7977ebdPost:2fc21127-1ec7-4535-8dfd-be114c1d8acf">Re: A tailor you trust :D</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kathi Agen is the go-to bridal seamstress around here.  My only wedding regret is that I didn't have Kathi alter my dress.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

Well, there you go! Question answered, and I didn't even have to ask you personally :P
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_tailor-trust-d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:d3c2ccb2-eb99-4e0a-9b47-7bd1a7977ebdPost:eefd1b98-fcb3-4dfb-b81c-1c4f2b842d11">Re: A tailor you trust :D</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A tailor you trust :D : Well, there you go! Question answered, and I didn't even have to ask you personally :P
    Posted by gumdropkat[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL!  I wish you hadn't seen this so then you'd have to freakin' CALL ME!  I miss you!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    What is Kathi's contact information?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards