Military Brides

Required Military Premarital Counseling... When he's no longer in the Army?

We're (tentatively) getting married at West Point, which requires military pre-marital counseling. But he's out! Anyone else done this? Where do we even start?

Re: Required Military Premarital Counseling... When he's no longer in the Army?

• IlumineIlumine member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would suspect that it's not the Military that is requiring the PreMarital Counseliing, its the the Chapel and the Minister/Priest. 

MOST mininsters and all priests will require some form of pre-marital counseling.

So my suggestion would be to do the counseling or find some place else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would ask the coordinater of the Chapel what form of counseling they accept. If it has the be with the Person who will be performing the ceremony or if you can go somewhere else.

FI and I are getting married in a Catholic Church and we were required to take a Marriage Class. Well since FI is in OK and we are getting married in MN and none of the dates work I had to contact the OK Catholic Diocese to see if they offered any classes then get them approved by our Priest.  

However, since FI is in the Military are Priest is willing to condense our Counseling Sessions and do them over Thanksgiving break since FI will only be home twice before the Ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards