October 2012 Weddings

Friday Confessions

Got anything you want to get off your chest?!  WR and NWR!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: Friday Confessions

• Confession 1 - I reserved our future children's email addresses on gmail, since we already have first names chosen... 

Confession 2 - I applied to be a wedding blogger on another site, and I really hope that I get accepted.  
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • I really am not impressed with my church and am considering not having a catholic ceremony at all. My relatives will not be impressed but I dont care.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • This is a NWR rant:

Our schedules are killing me and I am so stressed that I want to cry.  FI and I are both teachers, though I am full time and he is a substitute (has his MEd, just waiting for a position in his content area to open up) and teaches a night course. He is also a singer/songwriter. This means that on nights that he isn't teaching, he takes gigs if they are available.

He does this for two, very good reasons 1) He loves music and 2) We need the extra income.

The downside? I feel like we are never home and that we never get to rest.  This week has been particularly busy, and he just picked up a gig tonight. I love the venue and the neighborhood it is in, but I was so much looking forward to a night in my pjs catching up on Mad Men.

I feel like I could sleep for a month.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_friday-confessions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:0d392b22-4ccb-4952-88c8-48f0b0226e3cPost:f1c7b847-f98b-4658-af1d-38923c0bbd93">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession 1 - I reserved our future children's email addresses on gmail, since we already have first names chosen...  Posted by musictchr25[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Can't say I've ever heard of this.

I will confess that I am so ready for this week to be over. People are on my nerves. Just in general. Not even people that I know or see. People in the news, etc.

(I know super pleasant . . . lol.)
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession 1 - I want to cry about my ripped apart research proposal. My advisor seems to think I'm a moron (neither the postdoc or the other PhD in my lab do but the only one that matters does, ugh). I wouldn't have been accepted into the lab if she thought I was but I'm having a hard time shaking this crappy week of critcism which is very unlike me.

Confession 2 - FI picked up $600 worth of overtime next week. We talked about it before. The money will be a huge help for wedding odds and ends but I'm still cranky he won't be home on his days off.

Confession 3 - My parents are coming to visit for 5ish days in two weeks. I was super excited when we made the plans. Now I'm ridiculously busy rewriting, re-researching and know I don't have that much time to take off. So now its just annoying me.

Ugh. I need the weekend so I can recharge.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • I want to throw my sister off a cliff - but really you all already know that, so I am not sure if it is much of a confession.

I have been extremely lazy and super unmotivated about everything as of late. School, wedding, myself. I need a serious kick in the behind. I want to get past all these things but it's hard to find it in myself to actually do something about it. Hopefully the start of a new quarter will help.
  • We booked a weekend getaway beginning of May.  FI has been gone since 25 Jan, so it's for all the things he missed (Vday, anniversary of his proposing, both birthdays...) and a weekend of just us to reconnect.  Now I feel guilty because his mom is asking when we are coming down to NC, and it's just not in the cards financially until FI gets settled.  The weekend trip is stretching things as is.  He said he wants to focus on us which makes me feel good, but it's been since Thanksgiving since he's seen his kids... and I feel bad. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Confession/rant 1: My mom is making me absolutely crazy. She has a horribly negative attitude toward the wedding and most of it doesn't make sense... She's mad we're not getting married in her church (to which I've never belonged. We are getting married at the church FI and I belong to!), she's mad because we don't want to change our flower colors to blue from orange/peach, she hasn't stopped complaining about how all MOB dresses will look like a sack on her, she's mad that we're considering a chicken option for the dinner, and refuses to let two of my three sisters get involved in planning a shower (despite them being local and me wanting them to do it). And that's only part of the list!

FI and I are paying for the entire wedding, so we have the ultimate say, but it's SO annoying to deal with her drama.

Confession 2: Work is very busy right now and I'm feeling overwhelmed. TGIF!
  • Rant # 1  I got really excited this past week about possibly buying a house and now FI says we don't have the money right now. I'm super bummed we need a bigger place and one where his mother isn't directly above us. Every time I'm home alone with the dogs and one of them barks she texts me to ask if I'm ok or if I'm watching a movie she makes a comment that its to loud.. Its time to move and yet he doesn't fully see this.. soo frustrating.
    Rant #2 Since we aren't moving anytime soon we decided to paint and replace the carpet in the living room/dining room since my one of my dogs completely destroyed it.... Instead of the flooring costing me $1000 it will not cost me $2500 in order to get the 20 year warrantee.. ahhhhhhh
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NWR Confession: I'm ready to punch one of my day care moms in the face.  She is ALWAYS making little nasty comments about not having enough money to buy food or pay bills bc we charge too much... we charge her $5/hour when EVERYONE else pays $8/hr.  $8-$10/ hr is the going rate in our area so we're giving her a HUGE discount because she's in a tight situation (no dad in the picture and no child support).  Trust me if I could watch him for free I would but I have bills, a wedding, and a house to save up for! And the kicker... she's constantly bringing him in brand spankin new clothes, shoes (just bought him FOUR new pairs-- he's only 1), and she gets her hair cut and colored every 2 weeks.  I haven't had a haircut or bought a new shirt in literally months because I'm just scraping by so it's such an insult when she complains that I'm "taking all her money" UGHHH!

Well vent over and I must admit that felt good to get it off my chest haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • becoming a step-mom is starting to stress me out a little. over the past few months she has been staying some weekends with us...and even though that is what i want and i enjoy spending time w/ her, she needs MY attention 100% of the time she is there. i feel bad saying no, but i have slowing started to try to get her to play but herself a little. i try to get her dad invloved but all she wants is me. she will literally follow me around the house no matter what i am doing, which can be helpful at times :). if i leave the room and she doesn't notice, she will start yelling my name arcoss the house once she realizes i am not in the room, lol. this may be normal for kids, but i am rather clueless about them. i am hoping once the novelty of me and being at our house wears off, so will the need for attention. i just don't remember having to have someones attention to play w/ me non-stop when i was younger (she is 5). i am not complaining, i am just stress at how i will handle this long term.
  • Okay...neither of mine are WR.

1. FI has a job interview next month. It's a state job. I really hope he gets it but I'm also worried he won't. He really wants it (his current job sucks. a whole lot.).

2. FI's uncle is very sick. No kids, no wife. Fi is the excector of the estate. I'm worried that he won't make it to the wedding, or he will pass away just before the wedding. I feel selfish but I'm worried it will put a damper on the whole time leading up to the big day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FI and I live 45 minutes apart and he has a house he needs to sell. I was hoping he would get it on the market by April but now it is looking like June and he is not as motivated as me. I was hoping once we were married we would move into our own house and live happily ever after but that may not be the case right away and I really hate only seeing him 2 or 3 times a week at night or on the weekends when we have wedding or house stuff to do! AND my apt complex is awful and the lease is up next month so we decided that I should move to another apt. so now I have to do all that change of address stuff, and then do it again! ugh ok there.
  • Confession: I'm sick and tired of everybody asking me how it is with FI away. How would you be doing if your future husband away from you with little to no contact for 6 months? Probably not the greatest! Quit asking!

Confession: FI said I could spend what I needed to on this wedding. Im having fun picking great food, drink and photog, but I feel guilty also.

Confession: My guest list is limited due to how we want our wedding to go, my family will be pissed for centuries.
  • I am a little pissed at FI ex-wife.  She called him yesterday and he could tell she was crying and she started asking something about one of their daughters.  Then at the end of the conversation, she asked him "Do you think I am a jerk?" because her and her boyfriend had gotten into a fight.  She didn't go into the details of it, but WTF!  You don't call your ex-husband, especially when he has a fiance, and basically ask him for relationship advice!  Maybe someone else would think it's ok, but I don't like it.  FI quickly changed the subject and got off the phone and told me about it immediately because he knew I would not be ok with it and he wasn't even ok with it.  I want to tell her to call her BFF next time and not my future husband!!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Rant #1 - my house.... we are trying to sell our house privately to save some money.  We got an offer yesterday, but haven't accepted it yet.  The only problem - we haven't decided which house we want to buy, because my FI won't make up his damn mind!  the one I LOVE is a townhouse condo, and is perfect (move in date August 15).  He wants to wait and see if we can get an actual house - the downside of waiting - every house that we have seen that is in our pricerange needs too much work, or has some serious problems that are going to cost a considerable amount to fix.

Rant #2 - has actually been solved, and it is more of a praise than a rant - I have been looking for shoes (and a hair piece) for the wedding for the past two months, and the only pair that I had found that were the right color and would definitely work, were $300.... and I am so NOT prepared to spend that kind of money on a pair of shoes.  That was until I went to a store 10 minutes out of the city I live in... I found my shoes (replica Marilyn Munroe shoes in a dark chanpagne color), my hair piece (ribbon headband with pearls, swarovski crystals and fabric flowers), and my veil in 30 minutes!  Definitely wish I had gone to this bridal store MONTHS ago......
    458 Invited image
    300 Yes image
    78 No image
    80 Are making my stalk mailbox image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards