Getting in Shape

Worth a read

I posted a few articles by Tony Gentilcore in favoriteone's post the other day, and his blog is one of my favourites in my reader.

I thought I'd share his post from today, since it's rather appropriate for this board!

http://www.tonygentilcore.com/2010/09/exercises-you-should-be-doing-special-wedding-edition

Also, for anyone that still thinks lifting heavy things will make you big and bulky, look at how tiny the girl is in the videos in the post.  She's moving some serious weight around and it nowhere near bulky.
We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Worth a read

• "Seriously, stop and think about it.  For many, it’s not uncommon to carry around a purse that weighs more than a tank on a daily basis.  Likewise, they carry groceries, move furniture around, carry their children, or any number of daily “life” stuff that requires them to lift heavy things.  However, when asked to lift a barbell, and label it “exercise,” they immediately drop down in the fetal position and think they’re going to turn into some she-man.  It’s absurd."

so true.  I read this on a link from the above link.

I really want to get this book. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great article, thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Raynes, are those the squat cages you refered to during NROLFW?
  • No, that's a trap bar.

A squat cage/rack looks like this:

or this

• I checked out NROL4W yesterday.  so far so good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought NROL4W was mostly instructional with workouts.  Is it not?  I don't belong to a gym so I don't need workouts (P90X is my lifting).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The program is a big part of it, but the first, I don't know, 2/3's of the book goes into the why of women and heavy lifting, and the nutrition.

Here is a link to the first chapter (from the book's site) if you want to read that.  If you don't need the programs, then I'd suggest seeing if you can check it out from the library!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards