Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Hurricane Lanterns

So I am having a beach wedding in December and I am looking at possible ideas for centerpieces. I really like these beach hurricane lanterns from Target but theyre super expensive ($140 for 3). I have seen cheaper ones at wedding website stores but they are really small. Does anyone know where I can get inexpensive, medium size hurricane lanterns? Thanks!

Re: Hurricane Lanterns

• Options
    Did you try Etsy??  That would be my best suggestion. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love etsy, but didnt really see anything on there. I saw one at Ikea but its the wrong color, I'm thinking ab maybe seeing if it can be spray painted.

Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    All the home decor show are big on spray painting different items. I suggest buying it, taking it to a home depot or the like and asking a rep what the best spray paint would be for the item. If you're not happy with what they say or the entire process, return them and I'm sure you'll find the lanterns :-) Best of luck!
  • Options
    Awesome. I'll take my ikea lantern to Lowes and see what they say.

Thanks so much!!
  • Options
    Maybe OrientalTrading.com? 
    Anniversary Visit The Knot! image
  • Options
    The oriental trading suggestion triggered a new idea for me (oriental = asian theme), so  I decided to google spanish lanterns (I'm getting married in Mexico) and amazon.com has a ton of spanish lanterns for under $20 a piece! So I think I am going to order Spanish lanterns from there. Thanks for all of your help ladies :) I have found some kick ass lanterns that I can use for my centerpieces that I can afford!
  • Options
    I would try Christmas Tree Shop. I bought 8 small silver lanterns for $2.99 each!! They had all different sizes and styles. Good luck!
  • Options
    There is  Christmas Tree Shop right by my house, so I'll check it out. Thanks :)
  • Options
    I just saw some really cute beachy lanterns at the Christmas tree shops the other day. Don't know if you have one of those in your area, but I'm sure they are pretty cheap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards