Washington-Seattle

I did something bad. (now with PIP)

I'm in New York for the weekend meeting with my maid of honor (sister) and mom. We all flew in from different parts of the country to see each other.

I didn't mean to. I really really didn't intend to. It was meant to be a scouting mission.

But I got my wedding dress at a trunk show at Kleinfeld's this past weekend. We met the Say Yes to the Dress people (but weren't on the show, thank goodness) and my sister was awestruck, which was kind of funny.

Edit to add PIP

imageLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: I did something bad. (now with PIP)

• edited December 2011
    haha, that is awesome!! what trunk show?? what dress? we wanna see!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    Yah!!!!! Did you get a great deal?! Those dresses seem like even for a trunk show they are way pricey. But then again I dont know your budget....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    how exciting,  that must have been a super fun experinece. post a pix please!
  • edited December 2011
    That's not something "bad" unless you totally blew your budget, but even that's not terrible if you can afford it :)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    i dont think there's a bad statement in that entire post! how fun!!!

and we wanna see pics!!!! :)
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow. congrats. how fun :)
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, please post pics... or at least a description!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How fun and exciting.  Pics!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs - very exciting and def want to see what you picked!
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    edited December 2011
    You're such a tease!  Wink  I can't wait to see the pics!!!!!
  • dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha. I ddin't meant to tease. All sneaky pictures are on my sister's phone and the one photo I found online, I really hate the model (she looks kinda freaky).

Just got back home, so tomorrow I'll try to post a picture.

It's a Peter Langner Tebas, in case anyone wants to go look up the picture and has one of those assymetric crumb collars and a sort of corset waist. The veil has a 5 stitch trim and is pretty long. My mom is fairly conservative and the designer listened to her about covering my shoulders during the ceremony with a little detachable shoulder wrap that buttons beneath the dress, and even that sounds like it'd be pretty nice.

I love it, even if it's not what I thought I wanted, cause it makes me look skinnier and kind of elegant, two words I'd never really attribute to me. Yay!

And it's kind of bad! Cause it doesn't fit into my idea of what I wanted or thought would fit me and we totally did not mean to buy.

I am kind of sad that I won't get to see it or try it on until 8-10 weeks before the wedding next year. But I guess it's easier this way. Less to have to try and hide from the FI. XD
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's my idea of a dream weekend!  Congrats of having such a great experience.  :)
  • kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!! That's really exciting! I really want to go there! :)  I can't wait to see the pics!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I will be going to NY with my Best Friend/MOH in September/October.. I wanna hit up Kleinfeld's! I can't wait! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~*~True Love starts with you & me.. D&J Forever!!~*~
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Added a picture. My sister finally got home and sent me some. XD

• edited December 2011
    What's so bad about that!??  LOVE it!  Especially the way it drapes. :)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE the dress! It is so gorgeous! So happy for you! :) Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~*~True Love starts with you & me.. D&J Forever!!~*~
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous and unique.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's lovely!!! I'm not usually a fan of the "crumb catcher" but that one is unique, and since it's more simple with just one layer and is asymmetrical, I rather like it!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's nothing bad about the dress! It was just so not what I expected to be wearing.

Like, if I had seen this dress online or in a magazine, I probably wouldn't have given it much attention cause it doesn't really feel me, and yet my other bridesmaid after seeing a picture said it's very classic, but modern and edgy which left me going o.O Since I don't picture myself as modern or edgy.

Thanks for all the congrats. ^^ I'm pretty excited. I feel so narcissistic cause I can't stop staring at me in the dress.

@StarryEyez19: I hope you have fun. I was really dubious going in, cause I've seen the show and had to stop. My sister recommended I watch it, and I watched it until I started having nightmares. The show seriously made me so tense about the whole wedding dress thing. I was doubtful that they were really /that/ good, but the woman we worked with, Rita, knew instantly what to put me in and told me all my choices, while pretty, weren't me and would make me look old. XD Good luck with your visit! ^^
  • ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooohh, excellent! Ditto, I don't think this is a bad thing! ;)
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dress looks absolutely beautiful on you!  I also love the long veil.  It sounds like you had a great Bridal experience at Kleinfelds.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow sounds like a whirlwind weekend. Yay on getting the dress! How exciting.  And it looks great on you!
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards