Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Things I've Learned from Knotties..

to liven things up a bit...

dreamalotmp - always watch your step.  Wearing a boot is not fun.  LAUGH hard and laugh often. 
snorge - be nice to people, even when it's painful
nunu&eddie - Even some of your closest friends will hate things that you did at your wedding (like a head table).  It doesn't mean that they love you any less, just that they judge your wedding.
d78 - keep a positive outlook on life even when things get tough.  Sometimes when people look at you funny, it's just because they don't understand what you're talking about!
dicer2 - don't take life too seriously! 
jennybee1029 - sometimes the nicest ones can also be the bitchiest <3  LOL
l2thec42 - never give up hope and keep a positive attitude
elisha - that I am not the only one with a bitchy sister

NOWWWW, go

Re: Things I've Learned from Knotties..

• missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH!  I thought of another one for miss Jennybee- when the opportunity of a lifetime is in front of you, TAKE IT!  Don't be scared to try new things!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kwynn- be as thorough as possible to protect yourself and your wedding plans.  I can't say enough how helpful kwynn's guide to vendor questions was for me!
    married knotties- if it's doesn't get done by your wedding day, it wasn't important to begin with

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    marburs-- There are people out there more indecisive than me.
    dicer2-- Don't settle. Even if it means you'll live with shag carpet for 6 months.
    heyitsjenn-- If I need someone to make a raunchy joke, Jenn's the one to call.
    snorgie-- There might be another side to the story, don't judge...yet.
    dreamalotmp-- There are people out there clumsier than me.
    d78-- Sometimes being joyful makes you forget whether you ordered dinner or not.
    L2thec42-- Push yourself until you get where you want to be, and sometimes there's ice cream at the finish line.
    er&jer-- Sometimes the glass really is half empty. And a BM dress makes for a very hawt wedding dress!
    jennybee-- Being an adventurer can bring great rewards, and camel poop.
    crazystance-- Surround yourself with good people. It's always a party with crazystance, just don't invite her friends.
    kwynn-- There's an answer for every question, just look harder.
    KR-- Good things come to those who plan well. And never include registry info in an invite.
    Jenn(new)-- Sometimes everyone else is an @sshole.

S-- Did you have a head table at your wedding? *eyeroll*
     LOL
    I'll think of more!
  • edited December 2011
    One more...

LaFemme-- Good things come in LOLz
  • edited December 2011
    elisha-- Tall people CAN be funny!
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dreamalotmp- If you are going to be in a text off be prepared to spell things correctly or be branded for ever as a Bronx Any.
    MissIzz- Even after working retail for the holidays someone can still look forward to Christmas and not be a scrooge.
    Snorge- When someone pages you and says that they know you it's not always a stalker, sometimes they really do know you IRL and that's good because without TK who knows when you would have seen them again.
    Hey It's Jenn- It's great to have friends to laugh at things no one else is laughing at with.
    Er/Jer- It's ok to be a beer snob.
    Marburs- I'm not the only one who is sometimes indecisive and that's perfectly cool.

All knotties-Being an everyday part of an online board is really fun and very stress relieving. If I liked my IRL friends more I'd invite them ;)

Married knotties- The decisions that I'm making so far are the right ones for me and that's all that matters.
    image.
  • missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohhhh I love your kwynn, N.  That is perfect!!
    edited December 2011
    N- Nutella is good, and being called Nutspread is even better.
    image.
  • missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    from the OG FIF's - don't take things so seriously, it's a freaking internet message board.  And if you do get worked up about something, there are probably emails flying around talking about what a beebee you're being.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_things-ive-learned-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:a99241cf-004e-442c-a59c-16fe9bf04e95Post:08af8868-fdce-4a90-af86-dea0b79c55cf">Re: Things I've Learned from Knotties..</a>:
    [QUOTE]from the OG FIF's - don't take things so seriously, it's a freaking internet message board.  And if you do get worked up about something, there are probably emails flying around talking about what a beebee you're being.
    Posted by missizz[/QUOTE]

DED
  • New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL! Love this thread! I'll think of some when I have a moment to get out of meetings :)
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    colleenm- a little pink flair never hurt anybody
    nunu- DIY style can be high style
    marburs- sometimes choosing a wedding dress can be a group decision
    elishanb- have confidence in the decisions you make, and rock on with your own personal style
    new_to_pgh- anything is possible with online shopping, and etsy is amazing
    all knotties- Victoria's Secret bras are not all they are cracked up to be :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dream - have fun in life.  Laugh lots!
    l2 - life is tough.  But you can always pick yourself up and get going again.
    HeyitsJenn - never work for your grandfather
    marburs - it's okay to redo your STD's 50 times, as long as you like the outcome. :)
    jbee - take a chance in life, you never know where it might take you
    new2 - etsy... enough said. :)
  • Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    elisha - it's okay to be a homebody on the weekends.  You're not boring, just taking it easy.
  • d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh dear, where to start?

L2theC42: When things can't seem to get better, keep going with a smile on your face & a song in your heart...as long as the song has some street cred. ;-)
    marburs: Ditto Nunu, someone is more indecisive than me! lol
    missizz: I learned lots of stuff from missizz, most of which is not appropriate here. lol; but also, strength can be found in some surprising places!
    Molly: Yes, laughter is the best medicine, for no matter what ails ya.
    snorge: Somehow you can be silly and elegant at the same time. I know it now exists, just still haven't figured out how to imitate it! lol
    Jbee: Yes, never pass up an amazing opportunity, EVEN IF camel poop is involved.
    Erica: The kitchen isn't really so scary after all. Who knew?
    dicer: Ditto Nunu again...don't settle for less than you want, despite the shag carpet in your "holding tank."
    nunu: It really is ok to judge others and doesn't make you any less of a person.
    Jenn(new): I learned how to snark from you. *sniff, sniff*
    kwynn: You've been a wealth of knowledge! I wouldn't know where to start! :-)
    Jenn (hey) & Elisha: ghost tours CAN be fun! And so can dive bars! 

jbean: When someone gets your goat, don't let 'em take your whole farm and your dignity, too.

everyone: LOLcats can ALWAYS turn around a bad day!

That's all I can think of for now!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

More!

Jenn (new): Just when you think your ILs suck, talk to her!
    Jenn (hey): what Erica said about grandfathers! :-)

OG FIFs: what Stace said!

And another for everyone: internet friends don't HAVE to be scary!

BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Thought of a couple more

KR- You don't have to meet someone IRL to know that they are genuinly sweet.
    D78- Sometimes sweet people have a little snark built up.
    Jenn (new to) - Those stories about bad MILs aren't just for the movies
    Dicer- Hair done in the bathroom isn't out of the ordinary.
    image.
    edited December 2011
    Oh and for everyone- Saying things like STD out loud.. happens and it's hard to explain.
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    That I really am blessed with wonderful in-laws, after hearing the crazy stories of Jenn's (new_to) MIL, Shannon's MIL, and Kwynn's FIL.
  • missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KR - good things happen to good people
    Erica - ditto D's
    Jenn - when i think that my MIL sucks, I remember yours.
  • Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KR - some people are just genuinely good people.
    Missizz - it's okay to be snarky.  You know most peopel are thinking it anyway.
    Everyone - it's not weird to make friends on the internet
    kwynn - do your research before making financial decisions
  • edited December 2011
    Damn, I have to go get my eyebrows threaded so I don't have enough time.  I will complete this tonight as my HW!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Molly--when in doubt, make a funny face
    Kwynn--if you want the most thorough answer, ask her
    New2Pgh--When I think my ILs suck, I just think of your MIL
    KR--you could be one of the nicest people I've never met Smile
    Erica--working and out and eating well aren't abnormal or hard
    Elisha--Halloween can be as awesome as Christmas

All knotties--everyone needs a few FIFs in their life.

• edited December 2011
    Erica- being domestic is the new cool/sexy
    elisha- being a goof is totally in! and to not let things you can't control bother you
    kwynn- be thankful for being employed
     stace- don't be afraid to express your opinions, if you don't, who else will?
    nue- if you get to the 'eff it' stage in wedding planning, its your own fault. plan ahead and get things done early.
    mol- make the best of bad situations
    cand- remember the past for what it was, but we have our men now- so cherish them
    pinkson- work hard, play harder
    kim- having differnt styles does not at all mean you don't have anything in common
    hey jenn- keep on truckin, and bust out in song and dance whenever possible
    jen new- etsy is an amazing way to laugh- easily amused i guess
    dori- give everyone a chance and be nice, but don't compromise your beliefs to do so
    KR- even the nicest people can have some snark from time to time, and that's awesome

this thread- I need to be more decisive. I think... maybe not. what do you think? I'll have to think about it I guess...
  • missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_things-ive-learned-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:a99241cf-004e-442c-a59c-16fe9bf04e95Post:99676675-4e95-4022-aa74-39e786e341ba">Re: Things I've Learned from Knotties..</a>:
    [QUOTE]this thread- I need to be more decisive. I think... maybe not. what do you think? I'll have to think about it I guess...
    Posted by marburs[/QUOTE]

No joke, snorted.
  • edited December 2011

oh! how could I forget a few:

shannon- don't settle. be a strong woman both in the workplace and in life in general.
    jbee- being far from family on a map doesn't neccesarily mean you are far from them in spirit.
    colleen- even tho your boss may suck, stick with it and it will be worth it in the end
    skyblue- you don't have to tell FI or DH EVERYTHING for you to have a very healthy relationship, and sometimes secrets are neccesary
    lafemme- be cute, even when picking apples! (I need some major style tips)

• missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, this commercial reminds me of you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xDhi06XIAM
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with a lot of what everyone already said. :)   I'll add:

MissIzz - Don't be afraid to lose if you are being yourself.
    Snorge - Think before you speak.
    Nunu - Niagra has an extra A! :P
    Hey_Its_ -  Always have fun even if life gets tough.  Oh, and DEFINITELY don't work for your Grandfather.
    Kim - Always ask about how others are doing and remember their life events. It is always appreciated and remembered.
    New_To - Work hard, play harder. 
    JennyBee - Don't take life too seriously. Enjoy the ride. Nothing is that bad.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    For the record I have enjoyed this thread so much!
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    ugh- I'm gonig to have to wait to get home to go on youtube! I'm so curious now...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards