Not Engaged Yet

Favors

So initially we were planning on doing edible favors. Something simple and cheap and easy like kisses or something. The other night though, we were at my parents' house and one of the companies my mom works with had given out these:

They are Koozies with slap bracelets inside!!! It makes me want to reconsider the edible thing! They don't go with the feel of our wedding but how awesome are they!?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Favors

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay those are wicked cool!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    They're cute, but I like edible favors the best.  And I think unless you're having a BBQ style wedding where guests could immediately start using the coozies that they would seem out of place.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Oh I totally agree with you guys. I think we're going to stick to the edible favors. I just didn't know that these existed!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Edible favors are the best, IMO.  You are going to please the most people this way.

And I agree with NQB.  Unless you are having a casual, backyard BBQ where people will be drinking beer out of cans, I think a beer coozie is definitely out of place.
  • edited December 2011
    Do they only sell them in bulk? Because those would be a fun thing to buy a dozen of and keep around for BBQs and stuff!

I agree it's not the most ideal favor gift, but it's super neat!  I miss snap bracelets...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    The site I found sells them in bulk. You have to order at least 100. I was thinking that it would be a cool thing to pass on to FI's BM for a stag party favor but not if you need to get at least 100!
  • edited December 2011
    FI's aunt got us koozies (not near as awesome as those though) for a gift for the RD.  We orderd 50 of them (more than enough for the RD attendees, but that was the base amount you could get.  They turned out really cute, and our RD is really laid-back and casual (low country boil on a dock).  Just an idea if you're having a large RD and it's more laid-back than the wedding.  :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea Acro! We're only having about 25-30 people at the RD. Maybe I can find a place to order them in smaller quantities. Here's our RD venue:

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/syrIndex.php

Koozies are very appropriate there!
  • edited December 2011
    Very appropriate!

She ordered ours from http://www.kustomkoozies.com

Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c97d6ef7-9cfd-43ee-981d-eacb05845a3aPost:0739e0ed-c2f1-43c9-b4d6-d30cd05cfc19">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great idea Acro! We're only having about 25-30 people at the RD. Maybe I can find a place to order them in smaller quantities. Here's our RD venue: <a href="http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/syrIndex.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/syrIndex.php</a> Koozies are very appropriate there!
    Posted by KD+BC[/QUOTE]

You're having your RD at Dinosaur BBQ?  Oh man I'm jealous!  We're getting one near me, I'm so excited!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those koozies are awesome KD. Do you know where they can be purchased? I am intrerested. Not for a favor, but interested.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    FI would love that place! Too bad we're in MI..
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Acro, I love those!  Super cute.

KD, I hope you are able to make it work for your RD. 
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DINO BBQ!!!!!!!

My mouth is watering. Sigh. Sometimes I wish I still lived in NY.

I'll be honest. I don't understand koozies.
  • edited December 2011
    Koozies keep your beer/drink cold and your hand warm. 
  • edited December 2011
    One of the designs for the koozies was two hearts with "To have and to hold and to keep your drink cold" written in a circle around them.  I thought it was adorably cheesy, FI thought it was just cheesy.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I <3 Koozies but I agree they should be for more laid back affairs like a bbq style wedding or rehearsal dinner. 

Another message that is commonly used is...

Eat, Drink and be Married... with your names and date of course.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes friends, be jealous! Dino is amazing!!!

Loopy: I emailed THIS place for a price. I think I'm going to see if they'll let me do a smaller order since I'm not selling them.

Acro: I love yours, super cute! And the verse is so cheesy but I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards